Matrox Developer Products Now With Native MOV File Support
Montreal, Canada.– Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that the Matrox DSX™ family of developer products now provides native support for the MOV file format. OEMs can take advantage of Matrox’s high-performance, high-quality FLEX codecs for DV25, DV50, DVCPRO HD, and animation RLE (run length encoding) to achieve realtime performance for HD and SD MOV files in a PC environment.
“With Final Cut Pro becoming ubiquitous in broadcast environments, compatibility is important to our OEM customers who create media servers and broadcast graphics systems,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. “Our support of the MOV file format not only provides interoperability, it also increases playback performance and eliminates the need for time-consuming file format conversions.”
Native MOV file support on the Matrox DSX platform provides three primary benefits:
• Combined with the Matrox DSX hardware, native MOV file support provides realtime multi-stream capture and playback of DVCPRO HD directly via MOV files. No transcoding is needed.
• Although the Apple animation RLE codec is widely used as an export format for graphics and animations, transcoding is generally needed in a PC environment in order to achieve realtime playback. The Matrox animation decoding enables realtime playback of these files in their native MOV file format.
• OEMs can build systems that mix MOV files seamlessly with AVI, MXF, and MPG files within the same playback stream.
The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated at NAB 2008 in booth SL320.
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with comprehensive Windows XP- and Linux-based Software Development Kits (SDK) that enable OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX platforms leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
• Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
• Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card
• Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV™, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, H.264, and AVC-Intra for P2
• Cross platform file format support - MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
• Multi-layer on-board HD scaler/compositor
• Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
• Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.