Motorola Brings the Power of Touch to Mobile TV Device
Motorola Mobile TV DH02 incorporates touch screen for feature-rich multimedia entertainment, TV and navigation on the go
ARLINGTON HTS., Ill.– Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled the latest addition to its Mobile TV devices portfolio – the Mobile TV DH02 – a personalized TV, multimedia entertainment on the go and navigation device featuring a touch screen user interface.
Building on the Mobile TV DH01 introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show and the Mobile TV DH01n introduced at Mobile World Congress earlier this year, the Mobile TV DH02 demonstrates Motorola’s ongoing commitment to enabling media mobility and accelerating personal media experiences. The new device features a touch screen user interface with intuitive click, drag and scroll icon-based menus. The inclusion of HSDPA/ GPRS back channel support gives MNOs (Mobile Network Operators) the potential to offer rich interactive services to their customer base.
“Today’s consumers want to view TV at their convenience on devices that satisfy the entertainment experience with an easy to use interface – and Motorola is delivering on this personalized mobile video and media experience with our end-to end portfolio of mobile TV/Video solutions,” said Navin Mehta, vice president, Mobile TV and Applications Services, Motorola. “With our rich legacy and experience in broadcast RF design, video delivery, mobility, services and devices that enable the multimedia experience, Motorola is uniquely positioned to enable a seamless mobile TV/Video solution that delivers a rich consumer media experience, and provides revenue generating opportunities for broadcasters, content owners and mobile network operators.”
An all-in-one personal entertainment and navigation device, the Mobile TV DH02 delivers mobile entertainment in your pocket. Additional features of DH02 include:
* Live DVB-H TV with PVR capabilities – timeshift, live pause, frame grabbing
* Advanced navigation capabilities with GPS and Tele Atlas map views, points of interest and voice-activated directions, and handsfree calls to points of interest.
* Convenient automatic channel scan and listing
* High resolution WQVGA display
* Stunning digital video quality @ 25 fps
* Personal content like video, music and pictures on microSD cards
* Five-minute memory buffer for live pause and time shift of TV channels
* Points of Interest with voice assisted guidance, real-time traffic information and speed alerts
* E-call (Emergency Calls) and SMS support
* Bluetooth and earphones
* Portrait and landscape auto-flip – use portrait view for navigation and POI calls, and landscape for mobile TV and personal media entertainment
Motorola’s standards-based mobile TV solutions include network infrastructure (DVB-H transmission network equipment, video headend center equipment, interactive application services delivery platform), services (to design, deploy and optimize the network in addition to application services); and the devices themselves.
For broadcasters, the Motorola mobile TV solution represents expanded viewing figures, extended services in the new distribution channel of mobile viewers, and greater reach for advertisers. For MNOs, Motorola’s mobile TV solution enables differentiated service offerings with interactive service capabilities to increase consumer revenue and loyalty.
The Mobile TV DH02 will be showcased at Motorola’s booth # 1806 at CTIA Wireless 2008. For more information about Motorola at the show please visit: www.motorola.com/events/ctia
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.