Sybase iAnywhere Releases Secure Enterprise Email for Apple iPhone
Broadens the Unwired Enterprise and Addresses Business User Demand
NEW YORK, NY — AJAXWORLD — MARCH 2008 — Sybase iAnywhere today announced availability of support for Apple iPhone within its Information Anywhere® Suite. Information Anywhere now enables IT organizations to provide secure delivery of Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange enterprise email to iPhone users, in addition to a broad range of other mobile devices. Sybase iAnywhere’s unique approach to providing enterprise email support for the iPhone reduces potential security concerns while still providing a rich user experience utilizing native iPhone applications.
“We’ve had significant demand from our customer base for iPhone support, as companies want to allow the iPhone as an approved device choice for wireless email, along with their other Windows Mobile, Symbian or Palm devices,” said Mark Willnerd, vice president, Sybase iAnywhere. “In addition, we are excited by the recent release of the Apple iPhone SDK. We are currently exploring new possibilities for future product enhancements and additional iPhone support across our entire Information Anywhere Suite mobility platform.”
Key advantages include:
* Security: Information Anywhere provides iPhone support without requiring changes to an enterprise’s messaging infrastructure. The outbound connection model adds an additional layer of security. Enterprises no longer need to open inbound communication ports to the messaging infrastructure, all mobile device connections end within the enterprise DMZ. Information Anywhere adds specific features to equip IT with the ability to eliminate security risks with iPhone devices, such as restricting attachments, preventing user access and removing email data from a device. All of these features reduce potential security concerns with iPhone use in the enterprise.
* Offline Email Access: Information Anywhere supports the native iPhone client which provides a feature rich and faster user experience than found with browser-based email support. In addition, email is available for offline use.
* Contact Data Access: Information Anywhere provides secure access to contact data, including corporate directory and personal contacts.
* Multi-device Support: Information Anywhere addresses the extreme demand corporations face to support a variety of mobile devices. Sybase iAnywhere now supports the iPhone, in addition to more than 250 Windows Mobile, Symbian and Palm-based devices.
* Broad Enterprise Email Support: Information Anywhere supports both Lotus Domino R6/7/8 and Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003/2007.
“We were glad to be selected as an iPhone beta participant with Sybase iAnywhere. The solution was easy to set up without any adjustment to our backend infrastructure and we were ready to go with our iPhone devices in less than a day,” said Melkon Torosyan, project manager, Comdirect AG. “We are looking forward to deploying the solution because it addresses the needs of the users and the security concerns of our enterprise customers.”
Information Anywhere wireless email support for Apple iPhone will be available by the end of March 2008. For more information, including an iPhone video demo and a request for product alerts, please visit www.sybase.com/iphone.
Sybase, iAnywhere, iAnywhere Solutions, Information Anywhere and SQL Anywhere are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of Sybase, Inc. or its subsidiaries. ® indicates registration in the United States of America. The Bluetooth trademark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by iAnywhere is under license. IBM, Lotus, Domino and Sametime are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both All other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Special Note: References to Sybase iAnywhere mean iAnywhere Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. Statements concerning iAnywhere Solutions’ product market, relationships with its customers and new products are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks and cannot be guaranteed. Factors that could ultimately affect such statements are detailed from time to time in Sybase’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to its annual report on Form 10-K and its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q (copies of which can be viewed on the Company’s web site).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.