Scottrade to Launch New Advanced Options Trading Platform
Scottrade OptionsFirst™ will help options traders make faster, better decisions
St. Louis.– Scottrade, a leading branch-supported online investment firm, announces that it will soon launch Scottrade OptionsFirst™, a new advanced options platform designed to offer options traders easy-to-use, comprehensive tools to make faster, better trading decisions.
Powered by technology from OptionsHouse, a Chicago-based online retail and institutional brokerage firm, OptionsFirst™ will offer the latest in options functionality, allowing customers to place trades from the quote, option chain or through an order ticket. Rolling out to a select number of Scottrade’s options traders this summer, OptionsFirst™ will be widely available this fall.
“A growing number of our customers are trading listed options and require a platform that is as savvy as they are,” said Steve Walkenbach, executive director of business and product development at Scottrade. “Scottrade OptionsFirst™ will give these customers the advanced tools they need to make faster, better trading decisions. The platform streamlines and simplifies the trading process and allows our customers to focus on finding desirable trading opportunities.”
Highlights of Scottrade OptionsFirst™ include:
· Risk Viewer: The Risk Viewer estimates market risk on a position-by-position basis or portfolio-wide, helping determine whether one is bearish, bullish or neutral based on trading strategies. This feature also identifies potential profit or loss based on “what if” market scenarios.
· Virtual Trading: Traders can watch the market and test strategies to help determine entry and exit points with a virtual trading platform that mirrors the market in real time.
· Watch and Hot Lists: Traders can create an unlimited number of watch lists to track options and/or stocks of interest, while also receiving new insight and ideas by viewing volume of contracts in the market.
· Intuitive Navigation: OptionsFirst™ offers access to everything options traders need within three easy tabs: Account, Chain and Tools. One-click trading makes it easy to trade from anywhere on the site.
· Complex Options Strategies: A variety of advanced options strategies will be available for trading, including spreads, straddles, strangles, collars and butterflies, up to four legs.
OptionsFirst™ users will be supported by a dedicated team of options specialists. Scottrade’s history of providing excellent customer service and value to its customers will extend to those who use OptionsFirst™.
“OptionsHouse is thrilled that Scottrade selected our firm to design an advanced options trading platform for its customers,” said John Hass, chief executive officer of OptionsHouse. “Scottrade chose us because of our technology and approach, which provides an easy-to-use, yet powerful trading platform.”
For more about Scottrade OptionsFirst™, visit www.scottrade.com/options.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.