CA Delivers Broad Support For Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 And Visual Studio 2008
CA (NYSE: CA) today announced it will provide broad-based support for Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008 across its product lines to enable Microsoft customers to effectively manage, govern and secure even the most complex enterprise environments.
“IT organizations seeking to take advantage of new features offered by Microsoft’s latest releases need to manage these new versions in a manner consistent with the rest of their enterprise assets and services,” said Louis Blatt, senior vice president for Strategy and Business Development at CA. “CA’s comprehensive support for Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, and Visual Studio 2008 give them this ability.”
Windows Server 2008, with its built-in Web technologies and Hyper-V, is a robust, security-enhanced foundation for delivering high-value business services to end users. CA’s solutions will provide essential functionality for cost-effectively maintaining the performance, reliability, security, and compliance of this foundation and the business services that it supports. Products that support Windows Server 2008 include:
* CA ARCserve Backup, which has achieved Windows Server 2008 certification for automated data protection and rapid recovery management
* CA Threat Manager, CA Anti-Virus, and CA Anti-Spyware for simplifying security management and ensuring that security policies are consistently enforced across all platforms during and after migration
* CA Storage Resource Manager for understanding what data resides on Windows Server 2008 platforms and its access paths, simplifying decision-making impacting access, protection of business critical data, and compliance and regulatory initiatives.
* CA Client Management for inventorying, managing, and delivering software to Windows Server 2008 systems.
Products that will support Windows Server 2008 include:
* Wily Introscope for Microsoft .NET for monitoring, detecting and resolving problems in .NET-based web applications in real-time before end users are affected
* CA SiteMinder for enabling user authentication and controlled access to Web applications and portals in a centralized manner.
* CA IT Asset Management for comprehensive management of hardware and software assets across all platforms
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 provides customers with the data warehousing, integration, analysis, and reporting capabilities they need to meet today’s demanding business intelligence (BI) challenges. CA solutions will help optimize the business value of these BI implementations—including performance optimization, security, data protection, and SOA support. Products that will support SQL Server 2008 include:
* CA Database Management for Distributed Databases for performance optimization and monitoring, as well as automation of routine maintenance tasks that address fragmentation and recover storage space.
* CA ERwin Data Modeler for visualizing complex data structures, designing information assets, maintaining organization-wide standards, and automatically generating schemas for SQL Server 2008 and other databases.
* CA AutoSys Workload Automation for rules-based execution and coordination of critical business processes in both SQL Server 2008 and other core applications, such as ERP and transaction processing systems
* CA ARCserve Backup for automated data protection and rapid recovery management
Visual Studio 2008 delivers improvements to the Visual Studio Team System that help software development organizations to rapidly create connected, highly secure, and compelling applications on the latest platforms. CA’s solutions leverage Visual Studio 2008 in existing corporate development environments—including integration with legacy code, optimized allocation of staff resources, and quality assurance. Products that will support Visual Studio 2008 include:
* CA ERwin Data Modeler for managing the design, development and deployment of database applications
* CA Software Change Manager for managing the development lifecycle of applications built with Visual Studio 2008.
* CA Plex for creating service-oriented business applications for the .NET framework
Selected CA solutions are scheduled to provide same-day support for Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008 upon their release, with others following based on market requirements.
“Our customers are excited about the vibrant ecosystem that has developed around Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008,” said Bob Muglia, senior vice president of the Server and Tools Business at Microsoft Corp. “CA’s extensive support of these new products will help customers successfully migrate, manage, and optimize their increasingly complex and mission-critical computing environments.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.