iPass Releases Latest Version of iPassConnect™ Mobility Manager for Windows Vista
Enhancements Enable Simple 3G Mobile Broadband and Wi-Fi Hotspot Use and Management
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. — February 2008 — iPass, Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS), a global provider of services that unify enterprise mobility management, today announced a new version of its iPassConnect™ mobility manager for Microsoft’s Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000.
“The iPassConnect mobility manager is a core element of our mission to make it as easy as possible for companies to manage their mobile connections and devices,” said Moshe Elgressy, vice-president of product management at iPass. “We expect there to be significant enterprise uptake of Vista notebooks and use of 3G mobile data and Wi-Fi hotspots in 2008, and our mobility manager software will help enterprises deliver simple, unified and global mobile workforce solutions.”
As the user interface to the iPass Mobile Office service, the iPassConnect mobility manager provides a consistent login experience across the world’s largest multi-technology virtual network of 3G mobile broadband, 90,000 active Wi-Fi and Ethernet locations, as well as dial-up in 160 countries. The software also acts as the endpoint presence of iPass’ management platform, administering policies and collecting valuable data related to remote and mobile connectivity and device status.
Key features include:
* One-click login makes connection faster, easier and more secure by fully automating the enterprise network login process including detection of Wi-Fi, Ethernet or 3G networks; protected connection to preferred networks; launch of required security software such as VPN, anti-virus, or personal firewall products; and Live Logon onto the user’s Windows desktop.
* Enhanced mobile data support for dozens of mobile data cards allows companies to lower support and connectivity costs by standardizing on iPassConnect as their sole on-ramp to the Internet and corporate network.
* Built-in searchable directory helps users quickly locate nearby hotspots while they’re offline through a simple keyword search.
* Increased customization capabilities based on centrally-managed profiles and custom scripts that direct activities before, during, and after the connectivity session.
* Low-cost mobile device management through integration with the iPass online management platform, which provides simple, automated deployment, configuration and upgrades.
The iPass Mobile Office service is designed to help companies reduce overall laptop and handheld mobility costs by replacing expensive individual Wi-Fi and 3G usage with a one-stop-shop for global broadband access combined with unified management of mobile connections and devices. Device platforms supported by iPass Mobile Office include Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Windows Mobile and Symbian OS. The service is priced on a flat-rate, active-user basis, which helps companies reduce the cost of idle subscriptions and avoid fee overruns from heavy users.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.