The Ultra Sleek BlackBerry Pearl 8110 Smartphone with Built-in GPS Launches in Hong Kong
Hong Kong - Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today introduced the ultra sleek BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8110 smartphone in Hong Kong. Designed for people who want to make the most of their work and personal lives, the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 comes with built-in GPS (Global Positioning System), rich multimedia features, powerful communications capabilities and the exceptional user experience that people love about BlackBerry® smartphones.
Featuring an elegant black finish, the small and stylish BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone is an extraordinary lifestyle tool that makes it easier for business professionals and consumers on the move to make calls, email, surf the net, take and send photographs, listen to music, watch and record videos and access their organiser as well as a range of business and leisure applications for both work and play.
With its built-in GPS and BlackBerry® Maps, users of the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone can pinpoint their location, save favourite locations, easily share routes and maps and get step-by-step directions. In addition, the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 provides “out-of-the-box” support for a wide variety of third-party location-based applications and services including Google™ Maps and navigation solutions offered by carriers.
In addition, the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone includes the following features and capabilities:
• 2 megapixel camera with enhanced flash and 5x digital zoom, able to take pictures and record videos; photos can be shared via email, MMS and instant messaging applications, as well as uploaded onto social network sites, including Facebook®
• Advanced media player and enhanced desktop software allowing customers to easily manage music, pictures and videos between their PC and the BlackBerry Pearl 8110
• Externally accessible microSD™/SDHC memory card slot for additional storage
• Premium phone features including Voice Activated Dialing, speakerphone, and noise and echo cancellation technology for clearer calls
• Support for Simplified and Traditional Chinese character display and select Simplified Chinese input methods for email, organiser and browser applications
• Bluetooth® 2.0, with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits, and other Bluetooth accessories
• Support for Instant Messaging clients including BlackBerry® Messenger, Yahoo! ® Messenger and Google Talk
The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone is supported on BlackBerry® Internet Service, giving users access to up to 10 supported work or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts), as well as BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, which enables push-based wireless access to email and other applications along with advanced security and IT administration within IBM® Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange and Novell® GroupWise® environments.
For BlackBerry customers, wireless access to email is only the beginning of the platform’s capability. A large and growing ecosystem of independent software vendors (ISVs) has developed a wide variety of applications for the BlackBerry platform in areas including entertainment, games, ringtones and personalisation. In addition, third-party mobile business solutions are available for various industry-specific requirements as well as areas such as sales force automation, field service automation, network and systems management and more.
Pricing & Availability
The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone is available now from 3 Hong Kong and CSL. For more information on pricing and detailed service plans, please contact 3 Hong Kong and CSL accordingly.
Video recording requires a microSD card to be inserted.
Simplified Chinese Pinyin and 5 Strokes input methods are now available. Traditional Chinese input methods will be launched at a later date.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.