HARLEY-DAVIDSON has cool bikes, hot time set for DAYTONA
Milwaukee .- Engines will be reviving and the fun will be firing on all cylinders as the Ocean Center Arena will be the heart of Harley-Davidson at Daytona Bike Week 2008.
From the latest bikes and accessories to electrifying music and entertainment to inspiring events like the Women’s Day Ride with 500 female riders and the Ride-In Show contest, the official Harley-Davidson schedule of events for the 67th Annual Bike Week at Daytona Beach, Fla., includes something for anyone with a passion for motorcycles and taste for rebellion.
Harley-Davidson will once again be bringing the heart and soul of Daytona Bike Week directly to you at www.harley-davidson.com/daytona. A motley crew of correspondents will hit the streets, beaches and race tracks to get the beat straight from Daytona. Be sure to catch the online coverage, including a daily blog, photos and video updates.
Official Harley-Davidson activities at the Ocean Center Arena will run from March 2-8. Highlights include:
* Harley-Davidson and Buell New Product Show (March 2-8, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
* Women’s Day activities and ride arrival (March 4)
* Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Live Auction (March 7) and MDA Bike Raffle (March 8)
* H.O.G. Members Only new product reception on March 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with H.O.G. Hospitality area, event pins and H.O.G. & Co. merchandise on the first floor during regular show hours.
There will be plenty to do on the Ocean Center New Product Show floor, including:
* Checking out the latest Harley-Davidson and Buell motorcycles, Genuine Motor Accessories and MotorClothes Merchandise
* Seminars and presentations on Genuine Motor Accessories and MotorClothes, such as Install-tainment and the new women’s helmets
* Ford Harley-Davidson™ F-Series Truck Display and Adventure Zone Simulator
Activities outside the Ocean Center during Bike Week include:
* The Harley-Davidson Traveling Museum.
* Women’s Ride arrival and welcome (March 4)
* Annual Ride-In Custom Motorcycle Show Contest (March 5)
* B.O.S.S. Ball of Steel Stunt Shows
* Harley-Davidson Festival Stage with music and entertainment
Harley-Davidson, Buell and Police Fleet motorcycle demo rides are available at Daytona International Speedway March 1-8 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Riders with a valid license and appropriate riding gear can try out 2008 Harley-Davidson and Buell motorcycles. H.O.G. members will also enjoy the H.O.G. Garage at the Speedway infield (March 2-7 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with special reserved parking and seating.
Harley-Davidson owners are invited to enter their Harley-Davidson motorcycles in the Ride-In Show Contest on Wednesday, March 5. Registration will be held at the Ocean Center East Side from 8-11 a.m. with $500 cash prizes for Best of Show in 13 classes.
The MDA Live Auction will be held at the Ocean Center Friday, March 7, at 1 p.m. and the MDA Bike Raffle for a fully customized 2008 FXSTB Night Train motorcycle will take place Saturday, March 8 at 4:45 p.m. MDA will also be selling 2007 MDA/Harley-Davidson pins, raffle tickets and Daytona event pins throughout the week.
On March 4 at 10:45 a.m., the Ocean Center will welcome 500 Harley-Davidson women riders on the Women’s Day Ride benefiting Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). The Motor Company believes it will be the largest women’s ride in its 105-year history.
Continue the Harley-Davidson experience at Daisy Stocking Park in Daytona Beach March 4-8 with Black Bikers in the Park, where activities include a Harley-Davidson MotorClothes model casting call (March 4-6), model competition (March 6 at 6 p.m.) and Fashion Show (March 7 at 7 pm.). In addition, there will be other fun activities such as a custom bike show, riding seminars, a temporary tattoo parlor and other entertainment.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events, please visit our Web site at www.harley-davidson.com. Since schedule information is subject to change, please check the on-site Harley-Davidson activities guide for times and locations of entertainment and other special attractions.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.