TNT/TBS Simulcast of 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Tops Last Year’s Record-Setting Performance With More Than 6.1 Million Viewers
With more than 6.1 million viewers tuning into Sunday’s simulcast of the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® on TBS and TNT, the star-studded show topped last year’s record-setting performance, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. The success of the show, along with outstanding performances by TBS’s slate of comedy series, propelled the network to rank #1 in January primetime among adults 18-34. In addition, both TBS and TNT scored strong growth across the board when compared to last January.
January Ratings highlights for TNT and TBS:
* • The Sunday, Jan. 27, live TBS/TNT simulcast of the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards set a new cable record for the ceremony, scoring its best performance among adults 18-34, adults 18-49, viewers and households since coming to cable in 1998. • When compared to last year’s TBS/TNT simulcast of the Screen Actors Guild Awards, adults 18-34 were up 45%, adults 18-49 up 10%, viewers up 4% and households up 3%.
* • The Screen Actors Guild Awards also ranked as the week’s top program with its combined audience among viewers, households and adults 18-49, as well as among adults 25-54 (2,958,000). • TBS got the year off to a spectacular start, scoring a January victory as ad-supported cable’s #1 network in primetime among adults 18-34 (649,000). Driving the success for the network were the Screen Actors Guild Awards and such comedy series as Family Guy, The Office and Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, as well as the month’s #1 movie among key adult demos, The Longest Yard.
* • TBS and TNT scored strong overall growth this month when compared to last January, with TBS’s primetime up 28% among adults 18-34, 11% among adults 18-49, 11% among viewers and 10% among households, while TNT’s primetime was up 8% among adults 18-49, 5% among adults 25-54 and 2% among households.
* • Both networks also showed growth in total day, with TBS up 12% among adults 18-34, 5% among adults 18-49, 5% among viewers and 5% among households, while TNT’s total day was up 5% among adults 18-49, 3% among adults 25-54, 4% among viewers and 3% among households.
* • For the final week of the month, TBS dominated ad-supported cable among young adult demos. The network ranked #1 in prime time among adults 18-34 (803,000) and adults 18-49 (1,358,000), as well as #1 in total day among adults 18-34 (411,000) and adults 18-49 (715,000).
* • The NBA on TNT continues to roll on toward TNT’s exclusive coverage of the NBA All-Star Game (Sunday, Feb. 17), averaging a 1.1 U.S. household rating (versus a 1.0 last year). Compared to last season, the NBA on TNT has experienced double digit growth in households (+11%) and all key demos including adults 18-34 (+22%), adults 18-49 (+19%), adults 25-54 (+21%), men 18-34 (+28%), men 18-49 (+21%) and men 25-54 (+22%). The NBA on TNT continues this Thursday, Jan. 31, with an outstanding double-header featuring defending NBA MVP Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks hosting Kevin Garnett and the Boston Celtics at 8 p.m. (ET), immediately followed by a Western Conference showdown as two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns welcome two-time NBA MVP Tim Duncan and their playoff rival San Antonio Spurs in the Super Bowl’s host city.
© Time Warner 2008. All Rights Reserved.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.