Super Bowl Betting Facts Found Nowhere Else
Las Vegas, Nevada (1/25/08) – The Super Bowl is the single biggest one-day sports betting event of the year. With all sports betting subjects, a shocking amount of false information is cited by the news media. RJ Bell of Pregame.com, the only sports bettor on Forbes’ recent list of “Gambling Gurus”, cuts through the falsehoods - providing the trustworthy and eye-popping facts.
How much money is really bet on the Super Bowl? The expert consensus is that over 10 billion dollars is expected to be wagered on Super Bowl XLII by over 200 million individuals worldwide. Amazingly, less than 1% of that action will occur in Las Vegas. RJ Bell of Pregame.com said: “Over 50% of all adult Americans will risk money on Super Bowl XLII.”
What does a point spread of Patriots -12, an over/under of 54, and a money line of -500 mean really? New England is expected to win by 12 points, the total amount of points scored by both teams is expected to be 54 – and it can be mathematically derived that the final score is expected to be Patriots 33, Giants 21. Las Vegas gives the Patriots a 82% chance of winning the game, and the Giants only an 18% chance.
The biggest point spread in Super Bowl history came in Super Bowl XXIX. The 49ers was favored by 19 points over the Chargers. The biggest underdog to ever win a Super Bowl was the New York Jets, famously upsetting the Baltimore Colts as a 17 point underdog in Super Bowl III. Of the nine underdogs of 12 or more in Super Bowl history, a surprising three have pulled the upset.
What were the odds of the Giants making the Super Bowl? Considering the Las Vegas odds on the Giants’ playoff games, the chances of New York winning all three on the road was 39 to 1 against. And the odds of the Giants winning a record 10 straight road games? The chances of New York winning all ten was amazingly over 3,000 to 1 against!
And finally, what would the odds by if Tom Brady didn’t play? RJ Bell of Pregame.com said: “The consensus opinion is that the point spread would move to approximately -7, an exceptionally large 5 point adjustment.”
About RJ Bell:
RJ Bell, president of http://Pregame.com, has been featured over 100 times by the national media – including Sportscenter, Nightline, and the Wall Street Journal. Feel free to attribute any info above to RJ Bell of Pregame.com. Send any follow-up questions to: email@example.com
- Contact Information
- RJ Bell
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.