Alcatel demonstrates leadership in wireless solutions at the 3G World Congress Hong Kong
Hong Kong, November 15, 2005 - At the 3G World Congress, in Hong Kong, Alcatel (Paris: CGEP.PA and NYSE: ALA) continues to demonstrate its leadership in wireless and mobile solutions through prominent demonstrations, partnerships, and speaking engagements.
Today, operators in the Asia Pacific region are facing the critical challenge of bridging the broadband digital divide while coping with market saturation. In order to support them, Alcatel is playing an active role in bridging the digital divide both in developing countries and in isolated areas of developed ones.
With one of the most diversified technology portfolio in the world, providing transmission, access, connectivity and services, Alcatel is able to deliver innovative solutions adapted to operators’ needs in the Asia Pacific region.
At the heart of Alcatel’s value proposition for mobile operators is the Evolium® Concept, a single, multi-standard platform for all implementations, from GSM/GPRS/EDGE to W-CDMA and beyond. In addition, Alcatel provides operators with packaged solutions that integrate end-user applications, third-party content, professional services and payment facilities.
At the 3G World Congress 2005, Alcatel is showcasing its wireless leadership in the following areas:
* An innovative vision for a user-centric broadband world, leveraging all broadband access technologies encompassing ADSL, FTTH to UMTS/HSDPA and WiMAX
* Innovative products and solutions, enabling service providers across Asia Pacific to reach the billionth broadband customer, and providing them with solutions that are cost-efficient and sustainable
* Innovative next generation core network solutions, including Alcatel’s Mobile NGN solution, HLR, Intelligent GGSN and service delivery platform, leveraging AdvancedTCA technology to deliver IP-based services
* Attractive demonstrations, tangibly representing Alcatel’s key strategic initiatives:
+ Broadband Wireless Access
- IPTV over WiMAX - An innovation in Triple Play delivery.
- VoIP over WiMAX - Realizing the potential for providing cost-efficient services.
+ Emerging Markets
- Mobile Kiosk - New business model for meeting the needs of emerging markets
+ Network Transformation
- IMS - Enabling operators to transform their businesses by transforming their networks
+ Mobile Multimedia
- Video Greeting Kiosk - User-centric application of video service
- Video Mail Box - Adding a new dimension to messaging
* Alcatel’s industry expertise: throughout the conference, Alcatel representatives, who are well-known industry experts, will be sharing their insights and perspectives on market developments, emerging solutions, and strategy through presentations and focused briefings
Alcatel’s ability to deliver services that go beyond technology enables APAC operators to reach the next billion users with strong models for profitability in low-ARPU scenarios, leveraging its extensive global expertise and dedicated local presence.
For more information on Alcatel’s mobile solutions please visit the Alcatel booth (No. 1501)
Alcatel provides communications solutions to telecommunication carriers, Internet service providers and enterprises for delivery of voice, data and video applications to their customers or employees. Alcatel brings its leading position in fixed and mobile broadband networks; applications and services, to help its partners and customers build a user-centric broadband world. With sales of EURO 12.3 billion and 56,000 employees in 2004, Alcatel operates in more than 130 countries.
- Contact Information
- Aurélie Boutin-Guezennec
- Paris Hq Corporate Press Department
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.