Whole Foods Market® Set to Open First Store in Napa
Natural and organic retailer opens 50,000 sq. ft. store on Wednesday, January 16th
Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFMI), the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket and America’s first national certified organic retailer, will open its new store in Napa, Calif. on January 16th, at 9 a.m. The store is located at 3682 Bel Aire Plaza, off of Trancas Street in the Bel Aire Plaza.
“Whole Foods Market is committed to being the finest food retailer in every community we serve, and our new Napa store will offer a fresh, vibrant choice,” said David Lannon, president of the Northern California region of Whole Foods Market. “We have included features we think customers will find fun and exciting, including a wine bar, Churrascaria-style open grill, and a Culinary Center where we will offer both culinary and lifestyle classes as well as events. We have always been committed to supporting local growers and food producers and are excited to be representing local farmers and food artisans from the Napa Valley and Sonoma County.”
The official opening of the new Napa Whole Foods Market will kick off with a “Bread Breaking” ceremony at 8:45 a.m. on Wednesday, January 16th before the doors open at 9 a.m. The event will feature Napa Mayor Jill Techel, Whole Foods Market Northern California Regional President David Lannon, Whole Foods Market Store Team Leader David Cosper and the new Whole Foods Market Napa team.
Throughout the opening day, Whole Foods Market will treat shoppers to a celebration featuring a guest appearance by renowned Bay Area Chef Paul Bertolli, cooking demonstrations by Big City Chefs in the Culinary Center, local musical entertainment, food samples, and complimentary, reusable Whole Foods Market Green Bags™ given to the first 1,500 customers with a $10 or more purchase. Additionally on opening day, there will be a raffle for a giant gift basket filled with a variety of products from Whole Foods Market’s family of house brands ($500 value). All funds raised will benefit The Napa Valley Opera House.
The new store includes many new, exciting and innovative features including a wine bar, where customers can enjoy 16 super-premium wines served by the ounce from enomatic wine dispensers, including Chateau Margaux and Harlan Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, plus 10 “by the glass” offerings to pair with artisan cheeses and selection of charcuterie; a Culinary Center where a variety of classes and events for all ages will be offered, a full-service coffee bar featuring Whole Foods Market’s own Allegro® coffee, complete with an outdoor walk-up window, free wireless internet access and indoor and outdoor seating.
Whole Foods Market offers natural and organic foods that adhere to its strict quality standards and pass the taste tests of its food experts. All foods are free of artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners and hydrogenated oils.
Store highlights include:
* Entrees, sides, soups, salads and more made with sustainable and artisan ingredients from local producers such as TD Willey Farms, Country Beef, Petaluma Poultry, River Dog Farms, Lara Chenel Chevre, St. Helena Olive Oils, and FraMani hand-crafted Salumi
* Authentic ’Churrascaria’ style open grill featuring delicious skewered meats and vegetables with international flavor such as tri-tip with adobo sauce, slow roasted pork shoulder and bacon-wrapped chicken legs with mojo sauce
* Made-to-order sandwiches, burritos and hand crafted pizza, baked in a stone hearth oven
* Hot and cold bars featuring organic salad items as well as world flavors of India, Mexico, Italy, the Mediterranean, Greece and more
* Chef’s case offering classic deli salads, entrees and sides in complete meal sets by the pound offered hot and cold
* Pre-pack selection for grab-and-go gourmet options and a large selection of seasonal, ready-to-go soups
* In-house catering for small and large events with delivery available
* Culinary Center featuring Whole Foods Market as well as guest chefs leading classes, demos and private parties
Fruits and Vegetables
* Strong representation of local growers such as River Dog, Durst, Capay, Gabriel and Quetzal Farms
* Bountiful bins of hand-stacked, high quality fruits and vegetables, many of which are organically grown
* Expanded selection of “shortcut chef kits” for families on-the-go such as stir fry, fajita, and pasta sauce kits
* In-house cut fruit and handmade salsas
* Expanded floral section, staffed by knowledgeable, service-oriented team, includes hand-tied bouquets, custom vase arrangements
* Widest selection of the freshest, highest quality meat raised to the strictest standards in the industry
* Poultry from local partners Petaluma Poultry and Diestel Family Turkey Ranch
* Fresh, local air-chilled chicken from Field to Family of Petaluma — Whole Foods Market exclusive
* Great selection of organic items, including beef, pork, chicken and turkey
* Organic grass-fed beef
* Made-in-house oven-ready items for the grill or oven
* Wide selections of smoked and cooked products made with no nitrites or nitrates
* Over 20 types of handmade sausage made daily
* Tender dry-aged beef, dry-aged in the store the old-fashioned way
* Local catches from Drakes Bay Oysters, Vince’s Shellfish and Sonoma Seafoods
* Grab-and-go, Bistro Fresh oven-ready items such as tilapia taco, garlic salmon and shrimp cacciatore
* Fresh seafood ceviche and marinated salads
* Selection of live shellfish and whole fish
* A wide selection of both fresh and frozen varieties
* All sizes of shrimp and prawns, pre-skewered and seasoned
* Large selection of locally smoked items
* Over 250 wines from Napa county wineries including Paradigm, Crauford, Mi Sueno, Ceja and Adastra as well as more than 1,100 wines from appellations around the world
* In-store wine bar featuring 16 super premium wines from enomatic dispensers
* Ten wines by the glass with cheese and charcuterie plates
* Over 300 hand crafted ales, lagers, and ciders
* Over 400 artisan and everyday cheeses, olive/antipasti bar, chocolates and confectionary
* Featured cheeses from world-renowned Affineurs-Herve Mons, Pascal Beillevaire, Neal’s Yard Dairy, and Luigi Guffanti as well as world-class Northern California producers such as Cypress Grove, Fiscalini Farms, Redwood Hill Farms, and Vella Cheese Company
* Hard-to-find specialty spices, peppers, and sea salts from around the globe
* Whole Living line of kitchen and house wares products, made from recycled materials and featuring eco-friendly packaging
* Local representation including European style hearth breads and fine pastries from Yountville’s Bouchon Bakery; breads, pastries and cookies from Model Bakery in St. Helena; wedding cakes and special occasion cakes from Napa’s own Sweetie Pies Bakery and gelato from Gelateria Naia, made in Hercules
* A full selection of rustic, European-style hearth breads, pastries, cakes, cookies, pies, desserts and more
* A variety of divine chocolates from local chocolatiers
* Whole Foods Market’s own family of brands: Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value™, Whole Foods Market 365 Organic Everyday Value™, Whole Kitchen™, Whole Pantry™ and much more
* Products from local producers such as frozen fruit purees from the The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley; gourmet jams and preserves from Hurley Farms in Napa Valley and Prato Lungo & Napa Valley Select Extra Virgin Olive Oils from Long Meadow Ranch
* Products to accommodate special diets, including gluten-free and raw foods
* Wide selection of world foods including Asian cooking staples such as soy and oyster sauces, sweet chili and mole sauces, taco and picadillo seasonings, as well as Whole Kitchen™ and Whole Treat™ Imported French Appetizers, side dishes, entrees, and desserts
* Large bulk foods section
* Large natural pet and household essentials cleaning section
* Local products such as therapeutic teas from Sebastopol-based Traditional Medicinals; shampoo, soap and lotion from Shikai in Santa Rosa, and chemical-free hair color from Naturcolor, based in Napa
* Highest quality, cruelty-free facial, skin and body care products that are free of artificial colors and fragrances
* A wide range of vitamins, supplements and herbs, all without added fillers and artificial ingredients
* Full line of stylish, organic eco-apparel and changing room
* Whole Baby section including apparel, toys and body care items for both babies and new moms
* Diverse CD selection with personal listening station
* Healthy aging section, featuring select supplements for optimal energy and relaxation
Regular hours for the Napa store will be 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days per week. The phone number is 707-224-6300. The other 24 Whole Foods Market locations in Northern California are in Berkeley, Campbell, Cupertino, Fresno, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Mill Valley, Monterey, Oakland, Palo Alto, Petaluma, Redwood City, Reno, Sacramento, San Francisco (three locations), San Mateo, San Rafael, San Ramon, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma and Walnut Creek. For a complete list of store locations, visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.