Transformers Animated Premieres #1 on All Television Among Boys and Boosts Kids 6-11 and 2-11 Delivery by Powerful Double-Digits
Cartoon Network launched into 2008 with the half-hour original series premiere of Transformers Animated (Saturday, Jan. 5, 10:30 a.m.), charting impressive double-digit delivery and ratings gains among key kid demos and ranking #1 in its time period versus all broadcast and cable competition with boys 6-11 and boys 2-11, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. Coupled with a new episode of Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl (Saturday, 9:30 a.m.) the new animated series propelled the network’s three-hour Saturday morning franchise Dynamite Action Squad (9 a.m.-12 p.m.) to across-the-board double-digit growth. Transformers Animated is jointly developed by Cartoon Network and Hasbro, Inc. and is co-produced by Cartoon Network Studios.
Highlights of Transformers Animated’s premiere performance, as well as Dynamite Action Squad’s overall presentation vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Transformers Animated Premiere (Saturday, 10:30 a.m.) vs. the same 2007 time period
* • Kids 6-11 delivery (657,000) grew by 14%, and ratings (2.7) by 13% • Kids 2-11 delivery (956,000) improved by 29%, and ratings (2.4) by 33%
* • Boys 6-11 delivery (528,000) expanded by 28%, and ratings (4.2) by 27%—#1 in its time period on all TV
* • Boys 2-11 delivery (762,000) catapulted by 55%, and ratings (3.7) by 54%—#1 in its time period on all TV
Dynamite Action Squad Franchise (Saturdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.) vs. the same 2007 time period
* • Kids 6-11 delivery (533,000) increased by 18%, and ratings (2.2) by 16% • Kids 2-11 delivery (717,000) rose by 11%, and ratings (1.8) by 13%
* • Boys 6-11 delivery (392,000) jumped by 20%, and ratings (3.2) by 23%
* • Boys 2-11 delivery (538,000) raced ahead by 21%, and ratings (2.6) by 18%
About Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in nearly 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
About Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
© Time Warner 2008. All Rights Reserved.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.