Belkin Introduces New DisplayPort Technology for Computing Cables
As the first to market, Belkin’s DisplayPort Cable features the new high-definition audio video standard for computing devices
(Compton, CA). – Belkin International, Inc., today announced its new DisplayPort (DP) Cable, a high-definition digital audio video cable for computing displays, graphic cards, and laptops. Expected to replace DVI and VGA, DP is considered the HDMI™ equivalent for computers, providing both high-definition digital audio and video via one cable.
With the DisplayPort Cable, you can:
* View movies and photos at 1080p picture clarity on your computer monitor
* Have a smaller connector footprint compared to DVI and VGA on your desktop
* Future-proof yourself when DVI and VGA are slowly phased out—starting in late 2008—as DP adoption increases
* IDC forecasts that DisplayPort penetration in PCs will represent 34% of the market share in 2010.*
* April 2008 in the US
* Launches in Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia in late 2008
On Display At:
* 2008 International CES, January 7–10, 2008, in Las Vegas at Booth #30368 South Hall
* MacWorld Conference & Expo 2008, January 15-18, 2008, in San Francisco at Booth #911
DisplayPort Cable (F2CD00X-XX) – US: $59.99–$109.99 (depending on cable length)
* Provides both digital video and audio in one cable
* Provides up to 1080p resolution with digital audio
* Smaller connector footprint than either DVI or VGA
* Supports HDCP (High-Definition Content Protection)
* Supports color depth of 6, 8, 10, 12, and 16 bits per component
* Available in 3-, 6-, and 10-foot lengths
Chris McGugan, Vice President of Product Management, Belkin International, Inc.:
* Belkin has been on the leading edge of providing solutions for computer and consumer electronic interfaces for over 20 years.
* Like USB almost a decade ago, we believe DisplayPort is poised to have a significant impact on computer connectivity.
* And, like USB, we intend to be a leader in introducing a well-designed line of solutions that make transitioning to and connecting DisplayPort devices seamless for our customers.
*From IDC’s February 2006 “Worldwide PC Interface and Technologies 2005-2010 Forecast” Report
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin offers a diverse product mix that provides people with seamless electronics integration in their homes, cars, and on the go. Founded in California in 1983, Belkin is a privately held company and the recognized leader in connectivity solutions, in addition to accessories for MP3 devices, computers, and more. We provide extensive solutions for networking, home theater—with our PureAV® line of cables, power, and digital wireless accessories—and many more categories. You can view and purchase them at www.belkin.com, as well as through a network of major distributors, resellers, and superstores.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europe—in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others—and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.