British Airways offer MAXjet passengers a New Year helping hand
British Airways is offering passengers of the bankrupt airline MAXjet a special New Year’s offer to help them have a happier start to 2008.
The airline is offering customers of the US based airline booked to travel after December 24 the opportunity to book Club World (business class) return tickets from London Heathrow to New York for £1,000 and London Heathrow to Los Angeles for £1,250.
The tickets are available for sale until January 11, 2008, for travel throughout 2008.
Steve Cassidy, GM long-haul sales, said: “We understand that this may be an uncertain time for customers who were booked to travel with MAXjet. We are pleased to be able to offer them an alternative with British Airways"
He continued, “Our special New Year offer is available to any MAXjet customer who was due to travel after December 24, 2007.
“British Airways offers customers a truly upgraded experience with our award-winning new Club World cabin, a superior network and schedule and our frequent flyer programme, the Executive Club, which rewards our most regular customers when they fly.
“British Airways’ £100 million investment in its new Club World is available on most British Airways flights between London Heathrow and New York and all flights between London Heathrow and Los Angeles.”
Notes to editors:
- The British Airways offer is available for sale up to and including midnight on January 11, 2008.
- Prices include all taxes, fees and charges.
- Customers can book with British Airways directly by calling 0870 850 9850 in the UK and 1-800-AIRWAYS in the USA.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable and require a Saturday night stay.
- Travel is subject to availability throughout 2008.
- Proof of purchase of a MAXjet flight for travel after December 24, 2007 is required to qualify for the special fare.
- British Airways flies to New York JFK and Newark airports from London Heathrow 11 times per day and once a day between Manchester and New York JFK. The airline flies three times per day between London Heathrow and Los Angeles.
- British Airways’ frequent flyer programme, the Executive Club rewards frequent travellers with - BA Miles that can be used for free flights and upgrades.
The £100 million investment in Club World includes:
- More comfortable six feet long fully-flat bed that is 25 per cent wider than the original flat bed.
- A new ‘z’ bed position that extends to six foot six inches and allows the body to assume a position similar to that in zero gravity, ideal for watching movies.
- Electronically operated privacy screens using an innovative opaque material, Lumisty.
- A laptop locker where customers can stow electronic items, a small bag and shoes.
- Standard 110v US style in-seat power socket that only needs a UK/USA adaptor.
- An enhanced in-flight entertainment system that allows customers to pause, stop, fast-forward or rewind up to 100 films and TV programmes, and play games on larger 10-inch digital screens.
- An onboard Club Kitchen where customers can enjoy hot and cold snacks in between meals.
British Airways Media Relations
PO Box 365
- Contact Information
- Eve Ireland
- PR Manager
- British Airways Media Relations
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.