MasterCard Takes Reporting and Expense Management to the Next Level with MasterCard smartdata.gen2™
Solution Helps Businesses Turn Data into Insights and Enables Issuers to Provide a Leading-Edge Platform to Their Customers.
Purchase, NY- MasterCard Worldwide is helping businesses of all sizes control costs, find profits and get smarter about compliance with the launch of MasterCard smartdata.gen2, a proprietary, Web-based expense and information management solution. MasterCard smartdata.gen2 provides businesses with integrated, global expense spending analysis, unmatched flexibility and multiple robust reporting options so they can better manage their expenditures. The new reporting solution also offers issuers a customizable, modular, scalable design that they can easily configure to fit multiple commercial card programs and market segments to better serve their customers while differentiating themselves.
“MasterCard smartdata.gen2 exemplifies our commitment to develop unique products and services that help companies better manage their business, enable our issuers to provide differentiated solutions to their customers, and ultimately advance commerce globally” said Steve Abrams, Global Product Group Executive, Commercial Products, MasterCard Worldwide. “Capitalizing on over 10 years of Smart Data technology expertise, MasterCard smartdata.gen2 enables unsurpassed insights into expense information while making it easier for our issuers to service their customers.”
Powered by the MasterCard® Global Data Repository, a leading technology repository that houses transactional information, including data from airlines, hotels and additional sources, MasterCard smartdata.gen2 utilizes robust, industry standard protocols and data encryption to keep the data safe and secure. In addition to the unsurpassed security features, the solution offers unique benefits to both businesses and issuers:
* Transforms data into business intelligence – provides powerful integrated reporting views and insights, leveraging transactional and enhanced data from hotel folios, airline, car rental, rail and other supplemental data procured from travel agencies.
* Provides a holistic view to global data – virtually anytime, anywhere through a secure web-based interface. Single sign-on capabilities enable easy access to the reporting solution through issuers’ websites.
* Simplifies global analysis and reporting – local currency transactions can be translated into a single currency; additionally, 14 languages are supported: US and International English, Spanish, Castellano Spanish, French, Canadian French, German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
* Provides spend data detail – transactions and line item details can be automatically viewed resulting in deeper spend insights and the ability to better analyze data for vendor negotiations and pre-population of employee expense reports.
* Streamlines the accounting process – accommodates multiple accounting systems and schemes resulting in powerful accounting capabilities that solve simple to complex requirements.
* Offers customizable expense monitoring – spend alerts, specific data analysis and filtering, and tailored reports based on specific parameters can be easily customized to monitor spend and help ensure compliance.
* Supports exporting data into other systems – exports to software programs such as Microsoft Excel® or enables feeds into ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft and other vendors.
* Provides unsurpassed, flexible capabilities – easily customizable, scalable and modular, issuers can tailor reporting services to their customers in an easy and seamless manner.
* Assists in securing new business or strengthening existing customer relationships – leveraging a tailored design, issuers can enable Small and Mid-Sized Enterprises to better control their business expenditures; Corporations can optimize their card programs, while ensuring control and compliance to business policies; Public Sector entities can better manage budgets while ensuring policy compliance.
* Reduces costs – reporting requirements can be meet through electronic instead of paper reports.
* Integrates seamlessly into existing platforms – the solution can be a stand-alone resource or, through single sign-on capabilities, used to augment issuers’ existing online experience.
* Includes dedicated customer support – 24/5 phone and email support is available to issuers, ensuring quick resolution of customer service issues.
Based on the benefits provided by MasterCard smartdata.gen2 and initial issuer feedback, demand for the reporting solution is expected to be strong and implementation will be phased-in.
About MasterCard Worldwide
MasterCard Worldwide advances global commerce by providing a critical economic link among financial institutions, businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide. As a franchisor, processor and advisor, MasterCard develops and markets payment solutions, processes over 16 billion transactions each year, and provides industry-leading analysis and consulting services to financial institution customers and merchants. Through its family of brands, including MasterCard®, Maestro® and Cirrus®, MasterCard serves consumers and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. For more information, go to www.mastercard.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.