QinetiQ Group plc Interim Results Announcement six months ended 30 September 2007
* Revenue increased 18.5% to £638.8m (2006: £539.2m), with organic growth of 8.4%
* Underlying operating profit up 34.5% to £46.0m (£2006: £34.2m), with organic growth of 21.6%
* Underlying operating cash conversion of 159% (2006: 51%)
* Profit before tax up 9.3% to £25.9m (2006: £23.7m)
* Underlying earnings per share increased 29.3% to 4.6p (2006: 3.6p per share)
* Basic earnings per share increased 8.4% to 3.4p (2006:3.1p per share)
Interim dividend increased 10.8% to 1.33p (2006:1.2p)
* Orders won in period grew 12.9% to £592.2m (2006: £524.6m)
* Contracted and funded backlog (excluding LTPA) increased 8.4% to £922.5m (31 March 2007: £850.9m). Backlog is £5.6bn including LTPA contract (31 March 2007: £5.7bn).
* QinetiQ North America revenue increased 54.8% to £256.6m (2006: £165.8m), with organic growth of 24% and a strong book to bill ratio of 1.2:1
* Strategic review of EMEA has identified opportunities to drive efficiencies – at least £10m per annum operating profit improvement. Cost of £30m to £35m in the second half of the year
* Group operating margin target increased to 11%
* Confirmation of progress on DTR Package 1 opportunity. Package 2 remains under evaluation
Commenting on the results, Graham Love, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“The Group produced a strong performance in the six months to 30 September 2007 confirming continued delivery against our strategy. The North American defence and security market continues to provide the greatest opportunity for expansion within the Group and in the period this sector has driven strong order and turnover growth. With the establishment of the EMEA sector this year we are planning to continue to focus on growth opportunities in the UK, supplemented by replicating selected service offerings from our core UK market into appropriate other defence markets globally.
"As a result of the strong trading performance and forward order visibility in QNA, together with a lower tax cost, the Board anticipates that underlying performance for the Group for the year as a whole will be at the upper end of previous expectations.”
Press Officer: David Bishop
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.