RIM Introduces the GPS-enabled BlackBerry Curve 8310 in Latin America
Futurecom 2007, Florianopolis, Brazil, Booth A63a - Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today introduced the GPS-enabled BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310 – the smallest and lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry® smartphone – to mobile users in Latin America.
The BlackBerry Curve 8310 with built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) offers unrivalled email and messaging capabilities, together with premium phone features, fast web browsing, advanced multimedia capabilities, and a 2 megapixel camera. It strikes a perfect balance of features for both work and leisure and makes it incredibly easy for customers to stay connected to the people and information that matter most.
“The popularity of the BlackBerry platform continues to grow across Latin America and we are very pleased to build on this momentum with the sleek and powerful BlackBerry Curve 8310,” said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at Research In Motion. “BlackBerry smartphones have always led the way in wireless innovation and overall value, and the BlackBerry Curve 8310 is no exception.”
The BlackBerry Curve 8310 features include:
* A small and stylish design with smooth edges, titanium toned finish and chrome highlights. It measures 107mm x 60mm x 15.5mm and weighs approximately 111 grams
* Built-in GPS and BlackBerry® Maps* for accurate turn by turn directions
* A 2 megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom, built-in flash, self-portrait mirror and full screen viewfinder. The camera can capture images in up to three picture quality and size resolutions that can be quickly shared via email, MMS, BlackBerry® Messenger or Bluetooth®. Photos can also be set as a unique caller IDs or Home Screen image
* Premium phone features including noise cancellation technology to offset background noise, Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated ’send’, ’end’, and ’mute’ keys, low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals
* A microSD expandable memory slot for additional storage
* Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE connectivity
* A built-in spell checker with user-customizable dictionary to help ensure the accuracy of emails and other text entries
* A powerful new media manager application (included with the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software) - the Roxio® Media Manager for BlackBerry® introduces a new level of simplicity, allowing users to easily search for media files on their computer, view and organize them, create MP3 music files from CDs, add audio tags, create playlists and automatically copy or convert pictures, music and videos for optimal playback
* A 3.5mm stereo headset jack, support for Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP), and dedicated volume controls
* Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ringtones
* Support for instant messaging with BlackBerry Messenger, Google® Talk and Yahoo!® Messenger
* BlackBerry® Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support for enterprise deployments, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM® Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange and Novell® GroupWise® environments
The BlackBerry Curve 8310 is scheduled to be available beginning this month in Brazil from Claro, TIM and Vivo and will become available from additional carriers across Latin America beginning in November.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.