New Contract Policy Gives Verizon Wireless Customers Added Flexibility In Choosing Calling Plans
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — In yet another step aimed at offering American consumers the “most customer friendly” experience in the wireless industry, Verizon Wireless today announced that it will provide all of its customers the ability to change calling plans without requiring contract extensions.
Starting October 7, new and existing customers will have the option to change their voice and data calling plans – selecting current plans with different minute allowances or text messaging and data use options – without changing the end date of their contract. The policy will become part of the company’s industry leading customer promise, the Verizon Wireless Worry Free Guarantee®.
“Verizon Wireless once again demonstrates that our number one priority is delivering the most customer-friendly wireless experience in the U.S. marketplace. Our commitment to our customers is why we lead the industry in customer loyalty and why more customers use the Verizon Wireless brand than any other,” said Jack Plating, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Verizon Wireless.
The Worry Free Guarantee will also now include the company’s Test Drive offer, which allows new customers to experience the Verizon Wireless network for 30 days virtually risk-free. In addition, the company today announces the My Account Advantage, formerly part of the Worry Free Guarantee, which offers additional benefits for online customers.
Verizon Wireless has long set the bar in the wireless industry for customer-friendly policies. The company is the only major wireless carrier to offer a declining early termination fee versus the rest of the industry’s standard of charging a flat fee if a customer chooses to end a contract before its term expires. In addition, Verizon Wireless parted with the industry by refusing to participate in a wireless directory when customers said they didn’t want one, effectively halting that project. The company also broke from other wireless companies to support local number portability because customers wanted the freedom to take their numbers with them if they switched service providers.
Verizon Wireless introduced its industry-leading Worry Free Guarantee in 2001 with the promises of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, a free phone every two years with a two-year renewal, and more.
The Worry Free Guarantee now states:
* You’ll enjoy America’s best, most reliable wireless network.
* You can change your calling plan at any time. As your needs change, you can change to any current calling plan. You won’t pay any additional fees and you won’t have to extend your contract.
* If you ever have a problem, it becomes our problem the first time you call. No run-around, no hassles. If your issue can’t be resolved during the course of your first call, we’ll get back to you with an answer.
* Your satisfaction is guaranteed with our Test Drive program. Now you can Test Drive our network; make calls and even try out a cool new device. Every device you purchase from Verizon Wireless comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. And if you don’t love us, take your number to someone else within 30 days. You won’t have to pay an early termination fee, and we’ll pay for any calls you’ve made.
* You can get a free phone every two years with New Every Two. Sign up for a calling plan of at least $34.99 and qualify for a free phone after two years, with a two-year renewal. Or choose to apply your New Every Two credit towards the purchase of a more expensive phone.
In addition to the Worry Free Guarantee, Verizon Wireless also offers additional benefits to customers who register for the company’s My Account online account management site. My Account customers can enjoy the following under Verizon Wireless’ new “My Account Advantage.” The My Account Advantage tells customers:
* You’ll receive free Backup Assistant so you never have to worry about losing your phone’s contact list. As a My Account member, Backup AssistantSM will let you automatically retain a copy of your saved phone numbers to a secure website, so they’re available if you lose or upgrade your phone.
* You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a two-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Account every year with a two-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).
* If you’re using more minutes than your calling plan includes, we’ll let you know with Minute Check. Minute check will periodically notify you through My Account if you are exceeding your plan allowance and let you know of other calling plan options that may save you money.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, go to www.verizonwireless.com, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.