Rockwell Collins unveils Venue cabin management system
ATLANTA.- Rockwell Collins today unveiled Venue™, its next generation, high definition cabin management system for business jets. The announcement took place at the National Business Aviation Association’s (NBAA) 60th Annual Meeting and Convention in Atlanta.
“Venue will take the passenger experience to a whole new level by mirroring a high end digital home entertainment environment in the airplane,” said Tommy Dodson, vice president and general manager, Cabin Systems for Rockwell Collins. “Additionally, because of the scaleability of the system and the ability to incorporate future technologies, Venue is a sound investment for our customers.”
The new system has already been selected by Cessna for the upcoming CJ4, debuting in 2010. The complete Venue system is scheduled for first deliveries in the first quarter of 2009, though select features will become available starting as early as second quarter of 2008.
Venue is designed much like a typical home theater. Key features include:
* Digital, High Definition Video - A real-time and uncompressed High Definition distribution system that enables passengers to enjoy 720p or 1080p quality video from devices such as Blu-Ray DVDs and Xbox 360 Game Consoles.
* Media Center - A new digital, high definition entertainment device that integrates a wide variety of capabilities into a small, cost-effective unit. Features include an integrated Blu-Ray DVD player (also compatible with standard definition DVDs); CD and MP3 Player; Audio and Video Jukebox; integrated 3-D Airshow Moving Map, games, and front port USB input for media files.
* High Definition Displays - A new line of in-seat and bulkhead displays, capable of true wide-screen, high definition display.
* Programmable Switch Panel - New OLED-equipped switch panels featuring programmable soft buttons and an intuitive, icon-based graphical user interface.
* iPod Integration - A variety of innovative new iPod and iPhone integration solutions that allow passengers to plug their personal iPod device into the cabin management system and distribute audio and video throughout the cabin, and remote control at the seat through a virtual iPod menu.
In addition to state-of-the-art entertainment capabilities, Venue also represents the latest technologies and design architectures for full cabin management. Venue incorporates a software architecture that is database driven, enabling quick changes through the use of a new Cabin Configuration tool. In addition, redundant processing through an Ethernet control backbone assures back-ups to keep the system performing.
The system’s light weight, cost and functional requirements make it an ideal solution for aircraft spanning from the light to super-mid jet segment of the market, thereby enabling an unprecedented amount of capability in smaller jet cabins. At the same time, its scaleable architecture allows it to expand to meet the needs of larger, ultra-long range jets.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.