Saturn Announces Pricing For All-New 2008 Astra Model Range
DETROIT -- The all-new 2008 Saturn Astra will not only provide a European flavor and taut ride-and-handling characteristics to the North American market but will also offer a wide range of standard equipment, safety features, and very good fuel economy for an MSRP of under $16,000.
Equipped with a DOHC 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine (140 horsepower) and a five-speed manual transmission, the 2008 Saturn Astra 5-Door XE will be offered at an MSRP of $15,995. The uplevel Astra 5-Door XR will start at $17,545 and the sporty Astra 3-Door XR will be priced from $18,495. All prices include shipping and destination charges.
Standard features on all 2008 Saturn Astras include:
* 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS and traction control
* Six standard air bags, including dual-stage frontal air bags; roof rail head curtain air bags and seat-mounted thorax/pelvic air bags (for front-seat passengers)
* Active head restraints
* Pedal Release System
* OnStar with one year of Safe & Sound service
* Standard tire pressure monitoring
* Rain sensing wiper system
* Remote keyless entry
* Cruise control
* Express-down power windows
* Driver Information Center
* Steering wheel controls
A Premium Trim package bundles leather upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats with manual lumbar and premium door panels for $795 on the 5-Door XR and $745 on the 3-Door XR.
A Sport Handling package, available only on the 5-Door XR, costs $695 and adds 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, StabiliTrak® vehicle stability control, lowered sport suspension and quick-ratio electro-hydraulic power steering.
An Advanced Audio package on both XR models includes a six-disc CD/MP3 player, seven premium speakers, seven-band equalizer and enhanced Driver Information Display for $595.
Optional equipment includes:
* A four-speed automatic transmission ($1,325.)
* A dual-panel sunroof on the 5-door models ($1000) - the largest sunroof in its class
* StabiliTrak® vehicle stability control ($495) (standard on the 3-Door)
* Cloth heated front seats ($250)
* Eighteen-inch wheels and tires on 3-Door models ($495).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.