NVIDIA Book Compiles World’s Most Advanced GPU Programming Techniques
GPU Gems 3 Describes Programming for 3D Games and Scientific Research
* GPU Gems 3 is the latest in a series of collections of cutting-edge GPU programming techniques for computer graphics and parallel computing from NVIDIA®. The book is designed for software developers and scientific researchers who want to exploit the immense parallel processing power of the GPU.
* The techniques in GPU Gems 3 enable game developers to create ultra-realistic characters, better lighting, and post-rendering compositing effects. The awesome processing power of NVIDIA programmable GPUs can also be used for non-graphics applications, such as physics simulation, financial analysis, and even virus detection—particularly when coupled with the new NVIDIA CUDA™ programming architecture.
* GPU Gems 3 is a full-color, hard-bound book of approximately 1,000 pages published by Addison-Wesley. It will be available at the SIGGRAPH 2007 bookstore and at major book retailers including Amazon and Borders.
* The book includes contributions from more than 20 companies including Apple, Crytek, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Research, Infinity Ward, SEGA and NVIDIA; and contributions from more than 15 academic institutions including Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Imperial College of London, the University of Illinois and the University of Tokyo.
* GPU Gems 1 & 2 were published by Addison-Wesley in 2004 and 2006 respectively.
* More information and sample chapters are available at developer.nvidia.com/gpugems3.
Quote by Martin Mittring, Lead Graphics Programmer at Crytek
“The GPU Gems series features a collection of the most essential algorithms required by next-generation 3D engines.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.