IPC Inspire Unveils ShootingUK
IPC Inspire – the market-leader in UK shooting media – today unveils www.shootinguk.co.uk, its brand new online portal for the British shooting community.
Shootinguk.co.uk will complement IPC Inspire magazine and online brands; The Field, The Shooting Gazette, Sporting Gun and Shooting Times.
The ShootingUK portal will act as a one-stop-shop for all that’s best in shooting including latest news and information, gun dog events and results along with advice on the health and training of various breeds, gun tests, Q&As with acknowledged experts in country and shooting, user forums providing open discussion for the UK shooting community, and a marketplace to buy, sell and swap.
Key features include:
- Searchable content pulled from IPC Inspire’s market-leading shooting brands under one umbrella portal to make an all-encompassing online information source.
- User generated content opportunities to get the shooting community online and involved, inviting users to comment on articles and blogs, take part in daily polls and register on forums.
- The most extensive database of expert gun reviews online, with over 100 guns reviewed.
- A searchable source of tips and advice, drawn from the vast archive of knowledge available to the most established and expert country magazine brands in the UK.
- Wide ranging listings for the coming year providing users with dates and details of events such as country fairs, horse trials, game fairs and eventing shows.
Hamish Dawson, publishing director of the IPC Inspire shooting brands, says: "We see the development of this comprehensive online dimension to our service to the shooting community as extremely important to the future of country sports media in the UK. Our research has confirmed that over 80% of our print customers are online, and 65% look for information on shooting.
“It’s essential in the current fast-moving media environment that we are able to complement and enhance our range of first class, market leading magazines with websites that deliver instant news and a rich source of searchable information and advice for shooters in the UK. The ShootingUK portal delivers on that promise, and will continue to develop over the next few months.”
Assistant publisher Sophia Dempsey, who steered the portal through its launch phase, adds: “ShootingUK will be a fantastic resource for the British shooting community. Our editorial teams, and online production editor, Barnaby Dracup, have done an outstanding job in delivering this site, bringing together the best of Shooting Times, Sporting Gun, Shooting Gazette and The Field. It will be the place to source and exchange shooting news and advice, keeping our visitors at the top of their sport.”
The ShootingUK launch is supported by online search and email campaigns. There is also a full and sustained schedule of support in IPC’s market leading shooting magazine brands as well as support from Country Life, Horse and Hound and their websites. Land Rover and Mitsubishi have signed as advertisers for ShootingUK’s launch.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.