2008 Cadillac CTS Readies for Launch
DETROIT - The dramatically designed new 2008 Cadillac CTS will launch in late-August with a higher level of technology, luxury and performance. With many new standard features and a long list of new options, the all-new 2008 CTS, Cadillac’s most affordable product, also delivers compelling value.
“Cadillac’s recent renaissance and the breakout success of the original CTS provided a springboard for our team to reach higher with the all-new 2008 CTS,” said Jim Taylor, Cadillac General Manager. “The result is a car we feel is more desirable in every way, including the value it offers to luxury sport sedan buyers.”
The 2008 CTS launches in the U.S. in late-August at a base MSRP of $32,990, including $745 Dealer Freight Charge. (The 2007 CTS with the 3.6-liter V6 engine carried a base MSRP of $33,530, $540 more than the new 08 model with the same engine.)
The all-new 2008 CTS includes the following standard features that represent significant upgrades from the prior model, including:
* 263-hp, 3.6-liter engine (previously 258-hp, and optional)
* All-new redesigned cabin with handcrafted accents (previously unavailable)
* 17-inch wheels and tires (previously optional)
* BOSE 8-speaker sound system (previously optional)
* The acclaimed Stabilitrak stability enhancement system (previously optional)
* Tire pressure monitoring (previously optional)
* Underhood strut tower brace for improved structural rigidity (previously unavailable)
* Polished aluminum exhaust tips (previously unavailable.)
In terms of optional equipment, the all-new 2008 CTS includes a level of new features and technologies more commonly found on more expensive luxury vehicles. These new options include electronic features at the forefront of the industry and performance and luxury equipment that compete at the highest level, including:
* 3.6-liter Direct Injection engine with 304-hp and a 25% reduction in hydrocarbon emissions.
* 6-speed Automatic Transmission with Driver Shift Control
* All-Wheel Drive, with active torque transfer
* 40 gigabyte Hard Disc Drive that can store audio tracks “ripped” from CDs or flash drives, and enables a “Time-Shift” feature that can pause and replay live radio content
* Navigation system with 3D mapping of major US landmarks and real-time traffic and weather data
* USB and Auxiliary ports for the seamless integration (and battery charging) of MP3 players such as iPods.
* High Intensity Discharge headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting that follows vehicle steering, with LED light pipes.
* Keyless Access
* BOSE 5.1 Digital Surround Sound
* Authentic Sapele wood trim
* UltraView sun roof with power sunshade.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.