Allstate Motor Club Shares Most Common Motorist Emergencies Handled Last Summer
According to Allstate Motor Club, almost half of the calls received early last summer came from motorists in need of a tow (47 percent). Of the callers who didnít need a tow but still required roadside assistance, jump starts and tire replacements ranked as the most common fixes to get drivers on the road again.
Many roadside hassles are preventable with some proactive upkeep. Allstate Motor Club offers the following tips to help you and your family avoid unnecessary delays when road tripping this summer.
Before you go...
* Check your tires to make sure they are properly inflated and have sufficient tread remaining.
* Check your carís fluids, including:
o Washer fluid,
o Engine coolant,
o Power steering fluid, and
o Brake and transmission fluid.
* Bring along a current map of the route you will be taking. If youíre using an online service, still bring detailed maps since online services donít always have the most recent road construction information.
* Bring a cell phone and car charger if you have one.
While on the road...
* If you take a pit stop, make sure to turn off your vehicleís interior and exterior lights. Motorists accidentally leave their lights on in all types of weather, but heat can be additionally damaging to a carís battery.
* Store in your trunk a car emergency kit that includes reflectors, jumper cables, a flashlight and a tire gauge.
* Keep a stocked first aid kit in the carís glove box for easy access.
* Carry a roll of paper towels, a jug of water and some hand wipes - they come in handy and may prevent unplanned pit stops.
And of course, donít forget emergency phone numbers, including those that provide emergency road side assistance, such as Allstate Motor Club.
If youíre still deciding upon your summer vacation destination, check out www.amcpassport.com, where Allstate Motor Club members can plan fun worry-free, cost-effective trips, ranging from quick weekend getaways to an island resort.
The Allstate Motor Club customer call findings analyzed 2,918 requests for assistance from June 15, 2006 through July 15, 2006.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.