Double award success for Barclaycard
Barclaycard has been celebrating a double awards success with the capture of the Personal Finance and Savings magazine’s Best Credit Card Provider 2007 and the Moneyfacts 2007 Best Platinum Card 2007 award.
The Personal Finance and Savings award, which was sponsored by MSN Money, was awarded after readers of the magazine were asked to vote for the best credit card provider based on customer service, product offerings and product innovation.
The Moneyfacts awards for Best Platinum Card 2007, was made after Barclaycard Platinum consistently topped the Moneyfacts best buy tables with a twelve month 0% balance transfer deal and 0% on new purchases for three months.
Commenting on the awards, Mark Gonnella, Barclaycard Corporate Affairs Director said “I’m delighted by the double recognition from our customers of Barclaycard’s commitment to offering excellent value, innovative products and great customer service.”
Recent product innovations from Barclaycard include Barclaycard Breathe, the first credit card in the UK to donate 50% of its profits to carbon reduction projects around the world and the announcement that Barclaycard will launch the first contactless payment credit card in the UK.
Notes to Editors
- Barclaycard was voted Best Credit Card Provider 2007 by the readers of Personal Finance and Savings magazine
- Barclaycard Platinum was named Best Platinum Card by Moneyfacts at their annual awards, held June 2007
- Full details of all Barclaycard products can be found at - www.barclaycard.co.uk/products/apply/card_range.html
- In April 2007, Barclaycard announced plans to launch Barclaycard Breathe, the only card in the UK to donate 50% of its profits to carbon reduction products around the world
Barclaycard holders receive a wide range of free additional card benefits including*:
Emergency Card Replacement and Cash Advance
- a wide range of practical international help and support
- assistance and advice to help cardholders replace lost or stolen passport or travel documents. Cardholders can register passport numbers with Barclaycard prior to travel
- put cardholders in touch with a local English-speaking lawyer
- Barclaycard can arrange flights and other transport to help cardholders get home as quickly as possible
- give cardholders access to a phone-based interpretation service
- Barclaycard can send messages home for cardholders, whether it’s an emergency or not
- If a cardholder or one of their family is taken ill or lose their medication, Barclaycard can put them in touch with an English-speaking doctor
Identity Protection Service
* Terms and conditions apply
Barclaycard is a trading name of Barclays Bank Plc.
Barclays Bank Plc. Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1026167).
Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.
Barclays Bank Plc. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- Contact Information
- Andrew Bond
- Public Relations Manager
- Barclaycard Press Office
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.