Optibase Showcases Advanced IPTV Platforms at CommunicAsia 2007
Optibase Ltd. (NASDAQ:OBAS), a leading provider of advanced digital video solutions, announced today that in booth 6D3-07 at CommunicAsia 2007, taking place June 19-22, it will demonstrate advanced encoding solutions that make it easier for IP service providers and enterprises to deploy IPTV Solutions. Optibase will feature exciting new products that give service providers the competitive edge.
Optibase is focused on creating high quality products that are easily integrated into IPTV deployments. Using the latest H.264 standard definition and high definition compression standards, Optibase is able to deliver broadcast quality video, at low bitrates. The carrier grade platform architecture provide the utmost flexibility while ensure reliability for continuous 24x7 service.
Optibase has already established a large presence in the Asia Pacific region, where In-Stat predicts that the numbers of IPTV subscribers will rise from 2.7 million in 2006 to more than 33 million by 2012. Optibase has multiple IPTV deployments in Asia, including China, Japan, India, Vietnam, Korea, Taiwan. Recently, Optibase announced a partnership agreement with Huawei in China and a deal with UTStarcom to provide IPTV services through telecommunications provider Askh in India.
Demos will include (booth #6D3-07):
• End-to-End IPTV Demo – Optibase’s IPTV Theater at CommunicAsia will feature a step-by-step presentation of an MGW platform working within a complete, integrated IPTV headend solution. The demo includes components such as: video-on-demand, middleware and conditional-access, making it easy for operators to deploy their IPTV system.
• MGW HD - Optibase’s new, top quality H.264 HD encoding and streaming platform makes it is easy to combine HD channels into your program offering. In today’s market, providing HD programming allows IPTV operators to differentiate themselves from cable MSO’s thus giving them a competitive edge.
• MGW 1000 - A new product in Optibase’s line of carrier grade MGW encoding and streaming solutions. The 1 RU, 2 channel platform is ideal for point to point applications such as video contribution. In addition, it provides a cost effective solution for operators that require insertion of single channels from remote locations.
• MGW 400 – Optibase’s new enterprise streamer featuring MPEG-4 part2 encoding. This product is ideal for low bitrate applications in the security and enterprise markets.
• EZ TV - Part of a comprehensive IPTV solution, which Optibase designed specifically for enterprises, military and government facilities. By using a centralized server, users are able to view all channels using the EZ TV player PC client with no installation. A basic channel guide for program selection is also available as part of the solution features. This avoids security issues that are usually faced by IT managers when deploying such a solution, and radically simplifies the system setup and maintenance.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.