Panasonic Unveils World’s First 12.2 Megapixel Digital Camera With 28mm Wide-Angle
Premium LUMIX DMC-FX100 to Offer a Newly Developed
Exclusive 28mm Wide-Angle LEICA DC Lens
SECAUCUS, N.J.– Panasonic today expanded its LUMIX family of digital cameras with the introduction of the compact LUMIX DMC-FX100, the world’s first to feature 12.2 Megapixel resolution with a 28mm wide-angle. The newly developed and exclusive 28mm wide-angle LEICA DC lens features 3.6x optical zoom, f/2.8 brightness, 1/1.72-inch large CCD and Intelligent Image Stabilization with Mega O.I.S. and Intelligent ISO Control. The LUMIX DMC-FX100 will be equipped with a 2.5-inch LCD screen, and its slim lightweight design makes it extremely portable and stylish.
Intelligent Image Stabilization, a feature across the entire 2007 LUMIX digital camera line, incorporates the industry’s most advanced countermeasures against blurring. This system comprises two features – MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) and Intelligent ISO Control. Together the features make it easy to capture beautiful photos by compensating for the effects of hand-shake and image movement, making it possible to take clear, crisp photos anytime, in any mode.
“Thanks in large part to the DMC-FX100’s newly developed exclusive LEICA DC lens and the high-quality, high-performance Venus Engine III, you no longer have to sacrifice power in a compact camera,” said Alex Fried, National Marketing Manager, Optical Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “With an impressive 12.2 megapixel resolution power, a 28mm wide angle lens and Intelligent Image Stabilization, the DMC-FX100 is raising the bar for the entire compact, point-and-shoot class.”
The DMC-FX100 also introduces a more powerful flash with reach up to 16 meters, high-speed burst shooting, which allows consecutive shooting at a lightning-fast eight shots per second** and a new high sensitivity mode in which ISO 6400 recording is realized***.
Furthering Panasonic’s commitment to Living in High Definition the DMC-FX100 can also record 1920 x 1080 high-definition still pictures and 1280 x 720 at 15 frames per second motion pictures, both perfect for viewing on 16:9 High Definition Plasmas.
Other advanced features of the LUMIX DMC-FX100 include:
* Easy Zoom feature that shifts the lens instantly to full 3.6x zoom power. A second touch of the button activates the Extra Optical Zoom function and extends zoom all the way to 7x.****
* 27 MB of built-in memory: Perfect for backing up SDHC/SD Memory Card recording.
* Added Scene Modes: New high sensitivity mode and new high speed burst shooting mode, making it easier than ever to get beautiful photos in a range of photographic situations and taking further advantage of high resolution image recording.
* Picture Playback by category: Sorts images into categories such as portraits, landscapes, nightscapes, events and motion pictures. Also, allows slideshow playback of images in the same category.
* Available in two colors: silver and black.
* The LUMIX DMC-FX100 will be available in July 2007.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.