Media Alert: Microsoft Showcases New Mobile, Collaboration and Productivity Technologies Impacting Insurance Industry at 2007 ACORD LOMA Forum
What: The dynamics of how we live, communicate and work are changing, and consumer demands are impacting traditional businesses more than ever.
Microsoft Corp. will demonstrate how new mobility, collaboration and productivity technologies are transforming the once-stodgy insurance industry. The technologies shown will include the following:
• Windows Vista® and the 2007 Microsoft® Office system. A platform that combines productivity and collaboration tools, as well as enhanced security
• Windows Mobile®-based devices. Allow consumers to file claims remotely and agents to verify damages in real time, on-site
• Microsoft Virtual Earth™. Mapping software that allows carriers to approximate flood plains, add location to auto claim reporting and more
• Xbox®. A gaming and entertainment device for agent offices that also serves as a communications and collaboration platform
• Zune™. A mobile entertainment player that can also be used to train insurance agents and other employees in new and interactive ways
When: May 21, noon–6 p.m.; May 22, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Where: Grand Harbor Ballroom, Yacht & Beach ClubWalt Disney World
Who: Bill Hartnett, director of U.S. Insurance Industry Solutions at Microsoft, responsible for strategy, solutions delivery, partner management, marketing and industry sales
Dan Woodman, U.S. Insurance Technology Strategist at Microsoft, technical sales professional and technology visionary in the insurance industry
Cynthia Saccocia, U.S. Insurance Solution Sales at Microsoft, former insurance industry analyst from TowerGroup and current solution sales specialist
Other News:Microsoft will be announcing Progressive Insurance’s new policy management application that empowers Progressive’s 28,000 employees and 30,000 agents by providing streamlined and efficient access to policy data.
Microsoft will also announce its participation in the development of ACORD’s Insurance Capability Model, a tool designed to ease the challenge of aligning new consumer technologies and emerging business practices and processes with legacy business systems.
More Information: More information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/industry/financialservices/insurance/default.mspx.
Microsoft, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile, Virtual Earth, Xbox and Zune are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.