Nine BB&T Capital Markets analysts recognized in annual Forbes.com/StarMine survey
Nine BB&T Capital Markets equity research analysts were among the nation’s top three earnings estimators or stock pickers in the sixth annual Forbes.com/StarMine survey of securities analyst accuracy.
“We believe the Forbes.com/StarMine awards are a reflection of the quality of our research product,” said Vernon Plack, director of Equity Research at BB&T Capital Markets. “Also noteworthy is the fact that BB&T Capital Markets ranked among the top 10 of all brokerage firms and that we had, by far, the highest percentage of analysts winning awards among the top firms.”
The following BB&T Capital Markets analysts were recognized:
• Vernon Plack – No. 1 earnings estimator in the capital markets industry and No. 3 overall (among more than 3,000 analysts)
• John Kasprzak – No. 1 earnings estimator in the construction materials industry
• Andrew Wolf – No. 1 earnings estimator in the food & staples retailing industry. Also one of only nine analysts named to the Forbes.com/StarMine Honor Roll for consistent performance. Wolf has won eight awards for security analyst accuracy since 2001
• John Diffendal – No. 1 earnings estimator in the automobile industry
• John Barnes – No. 2 stock picker in the air freight and logistics industry
• Frank Mitsch – No. 2 earnings estimator in the chemicals industry
• Laura Richardson – No. 2 earnings estimator in the specialty retail industry
• Eric Tracy – No. 2 earnings estimator in the textile apparel & luxury goods industry
• Holden Lewis – No. 3 earnings estimator in the trading companies & distributors industry
Richmond-based BB&T Capital Markets is a full-service, integrated platform, including public and private debt and equity services, mergers and acquisitions advisory services, and investment banking to corporations, governments and nonprofit organizations.
Its industry teams consist of Communications, Consumer, Financial Services, Government Services & Defense, Healthcare, Industrial Services & Durables,
and Logistics & Transportation. More information is available at
BB&T Capital Markets is a division of Scott & Stringfellow Inc., member NYSE/SIPC. Scott & Stringfellow is a separate, nonbank affiliate of BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BB&T).
Winston-Salem, N.C.-based BB&T Corporation and its subsidiaries offer full-service commercial and retail banking and additional financial services such as insurance, investments, retail brokerage, mortgage, corporate finance, consumer finance, payment services, international banking, leasing and trust.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.