New ARM Jazelle Technology Software Raises the Performance Bar of Mobile Multimedia Applications Using Java
Industry exceeds 250 million Java-enabled device shipments using ARM Java acceleration technology
ARM announces a new, industry-leading product, the ARM® Jazelle® MobileVM for enhanced Java acceleration on mobile handsets. As a result of ARM’s continued commitment to improving performance, Jazelle MobileVM technology introduces up to a 40 percent increase in performance of mobile Java applications such as games and video. In addition, Jazelle MobileVM technology offers advances in on-target debug, enabling developers to quickly debug applications on production handsets. It also allows network operators and handset vendors to easily customize the technology for their developer communities, bringing new services and features to the mass market faster and at a lower cost.
This new product underscores ARM’s momentum in the Java market with JBenchmark ACE detecting eight out of the top ten performing Java handsets and the top five handset vendors shipping handsets using Jazelle DBX technology. This is evidenced by the growing adoption rate of its Swerve 3D graphics and Jazelle Java acceleration technologies in mobile and emerging technology markets.
ARM also announces the following new licensees for its Java and 3D graphics software:
* ACCESS Co. Ltd., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile and beyond-PC markets, is a new licensee leveraging Jazelle Java Technology Enabling Kit (JTEK™) technology to deliver up to four times increased performance on i-Mode enabled handsets.
* Pantech, one of Korea’s top three mobile handset makers, is a new licensee of ARM Swerve software for use in feature-phone handsets, making the handsets compatible with a large catalog of 3D Java games. Working with key industry Partners, ARM is addressing future market demands with new licensees and design wins from existing ARM Partners such as:
* Aplix, the global leader in deploying Java technology in mobile devices and the first licensee to integrate ARM Jazelle JTEK software, shipped on more than 12 million Jazelle-enabled devices in 2006 alone, deploys Swerve software to its leading handset customers worldwide and is now working closely with ARM on the integration and development of the latest Jazelle software into JBlend.
* Innaworks, a leading optimization expert for mobile applications, is working with ARM to enable developers to optimize standard Java games and other innovative applications for Jazelle technology-enabled mobile devices. ARM has tested its mBooster optimization suite with results of up to 20% performance improvement with a 40% code reduction.
* Oxford Semiconductor, a global leader in connectivity technology, is doubling performance using Jazelle JTEK technology for network attached storage in USB disks for digital content such as photos and videos.
* Samsung, a global leader in semiconductor, and digital media technologies, leveraged the ARM Jazelle technology to launch the first commercial Blu-Ray DVD player in the world.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.