SAP NetWeaver® Composition Environment Ready to Power Companies’ Enterprise SOA Applications
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced that the Java EE 5-based SAP NetWeaver® Composition Environment (SAP NetWeaver CE), a next-generation set of standards-based and integrated composition tools, has been released to customers and partners for full production use. SAP NetWeaver CE, which is used for the development and deployment of composite applications, will also be available for a 30-day trial download on SAP Developer Network (sdn.sap.com) starting in May. Based on one of the first Java EE 5 compliant application servers in the market, SAP NetWeaver CE will also provide developers an integrated environment to create and adapt applications and processes across heterogeneous IT assets. The announcement was made at the JavaOne Conference, being held in San Francisco, Calif., May 8-11.
As the foundation of SAP NetWeaver CE, the preview for the SAP NetWeaver® Application Server Java EE Edition has already become the most popular download on the SAP Developer Network (sdn.sap.com), with nearly 28,000 downloads since it was first made available in October 2006.
In addition to an industry-leading applications server, SAP NetWeaver CE includes:
* The tools needed to develop and model Java applications – and to deploy, run and manage those applications on a solid, scalable and enterprise-class Java EE 5 infrastructure, including built-in Java EE 5 design time support based on Eclipse 3.2 and WTP 1.5.
* Support for the latest standards, including JPA design time support based on Dali, JAX-WS 2.0, WS-*, EJB 3.0, JSF 1.2, Service Data Objects (SDO) 2.1, JCA 1.5 and JSR 168.
* Model-driven development tools for services (SAP Composition Application Framework), collaborative processes (guided procedures), and user interaction (SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer, Web Dynpro, Java, voice, Adobe Document Services).
* Out-of-the-box access to SAP’s enterprise services to facilitate the re-use of assets in a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
* Comprehensive software life-cycle management across entire Java and composition stack to reduce TCO; easy-to-deploy functionality that is enabled for lean consumption.
SAP is at the forefront of driving adoption for Java EE 5 and has been providing complete support for Java technology through SAP NetWeaver since 2003. (Please see the press release issued on September 29, 2006, “SAP NetWeaver Achieves Java EE 5 Compatibility.”)
Today’s announcement delivers the first key milestone of new innovation to come this year in SAP NetWeaver, with key functionality aligned around four pillars: improved user access and productivity, accelerated application and business process composition, streamlined access to relevant and reliable information across the enterprise and automated governance of enterprise SOA. SAP NetWeaver CE can be used as a stand-alone tool that runs in conjunction with heterogeneous IT landscapes. SAP Business Suite customers can deploy these new SAP NetWeaver capabilities and enhancements in an incremental manner to existing SAP NetWeaver and SAP® ERP deployments. (Please see the press release issued on April 24, 2007, “SAP Unveils Road Map for Next Wave of SAP NetWeaver Innovation.”)
To download a 30-day trial of SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment and for more information, please visit https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ce in the upcoming weeks.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.