Tenet’s Florida Hospitals Enter into Agreement with Great-West Healthcare
Coral Springs, Fla.– Tenet Healthcare Corporation’s (NYSE:THC) Palm Beach Health Network and Miami-Dade/Broward Health Network announced today they have reached a multi-year agreement with Great-West Healthcare to provide in-network healthcare services to more than 100,000 Great-West Healthcare plan members in Florida. The agreement is effective June 1, 2007, and includes all Great-West Healthcare health plans. The contract renews the network participation agreement at St. Mary’s Medical Center and Good Samaritan Medical Center, and adds Tenet’s remaining nine acute hospitals and one rehabilitation hospital in South Florida to Great-West Healthcare’s network. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
“We are pleased to continue our relationship with Great-West Healthcare, and that Great-West Healthcare members now have in-network access to all Tenet hospitals in Florida,” said Mitch Feldman, market vice president for Tenet’s Palm Beach Health Network. “Great-West Healthcare has shown itself to be a solid business associate who understands the dynamics of providing quality care to patients in today’s challenging healthcare reimbursement environment.”
“We appreciate Tenet’s efforts to work with us to bring expanded access to in-network providers to our South Florida members,” said Steve White, Southeast region president, Great-West Healthcare. “Our goal is to offer our members access to a broad network of quality doctors and hospitals while preserving their access to affordable healthcare. We believe this agreement delivers on both, and positions us for growth.”
The Tenet hospitals in Great-West Healthcare’s network include:
• Coral Gables Hospital, Coral Gables
• Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach
• Florida Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale
• Good Samaritan Medical Center, West Palm Beach
• Hialeah Hospital, Hialeah
• North Ridge Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale
• North Shore Medical Center, Miami
• Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, Palm Beach Gardens
• Palmetto General Hospital, Hialeah
• Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital, Delray Beach
• Saint Mary’s Medical Center, West Palm Beach
• West Boca Medical Center, Boca Raton
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.