2008 Edition of the Researchersí Grant Programme
The IOCís Olympic Studies Centre (OSC) has just launched the 2008 edition of the grant programme aimed at young researchers engaged in scholarly research on the Olympic Movement, its history and values, and the impact of the Olympic Games on the various aspects of contemporary society and culture.
Three precise objectives
The objectives of this programme are as follows:
* Encourage young researchers to undertake research with a humanities or social sciences perspective on the Olympic phenomenon. The main fields of research include:
- Universality of Olympic values and multiculturalism
- From the first-class athlete to the balanced human being. The issues for the high-level athlete to successfully integrate into society.
- The various aspects of the Olympic Games Legacy: a long journey from the birth of the project to the post-Games period.
- Sport and political organisationsĖ future challenges.
- Youth, perception of and relations with Olympism.
* Promote consultation of the IOCís written and audiovisual patrimony
* Encourage exchanges of information and networking of young researchers
Who can apply?
The programme is open to all current postgraduate students (masterís and doctoral candidates), as well as university professors who have completed their doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in the last five years and currently hold an academic appointment.
The Selection Committee for the programme is composed of experts who are world-renowned for the quality of their research linked to Olympism, and members of the OSC.
Application files must be sent to the OSC by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post no later than 26 September 2007.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.