Air Products Continues Its Sustainability Reporting: 2007 Corporate Responsibility Annual Report Now Available
The Report is the company’s fourth annual publication in its sustainability reporting, reviewing its economic, governance, environmental and social performance.
“Our Corporate Responsibility Annual Report is one of our most important communication vehicles in our continuing sustainability dialogue with our stakeholders,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, John Jones. “As we drive toward our vision of being the best company to invest in, buy from and work for, we are focused on continuous improvement around the three areas of sustainability that responsible and profitable businesses are embracing today—economic growth, environmental protection and social responsibility.”
The company’s 2007 Corporate Responsibility Annual Report includes:
• Mr. Jones’ letter to stakeholders, including corporate responsibility activities and successes in 2006, as well as areas of where the company has committed to further improvement.
• An overview of Air Products’ global operations and drivers of shareholder value.
• The company’s corporate governance practices and ethics policies.
• Results of Air Products’ ongoing environmental, employee health and safety, and security programs.
• Programs and activities to engage and develop employees and provide a work culture where trust, diversity, innovation and teamwork are valued.
• Community involvement, including global employee volunteerism and philanthropic giving.
• Examples of technologies across Air Products’ four global businesses that help customers be more sustainable in their operations.
• Efforts to build relationships with suppliers and service providers who share the company’s commitment to ethical business practices and to providing the highest value to customers.
Air Products continues to receive recognition from important socially responsible investment indices, including membership in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, FTSE4Good Global Index, Ethibel Sustainability Index, Domini 400 Social IndexSM and Calvert Social Index™. The company also is a member of several organizations promoting sustainability, including the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers’ Center for Sustainable Technology Practices, the American Chemistry Council, and the Pew Center Business Environmental Leadership Council, among others.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.