Nokia N95 Wins Prestigious TIPA Award 2007
Espoo, Finland - Nokia today revealed the Nokia N95 multimedia computer has been voted the ’Best Mobile Imaging Device in Europe 2007’ by TIPA (Technical Image Press Association), the largest photo and imaging press association in Europe.
“A small mobile wonder and a camera as well,” the Nokia N95 multimedia computer was commended for its outstanding imaging functionality, comparing its features directly with those of stand-alone cameras. The judging panel noted features such as the autofocus lens for sharp, large prints, a real mechanical shutter to avoid distortion, the Carl Zeiss optics with Tessar lens that can focus at close range and the up to 20x digital zoom for distant subjects. The panel also commented on the device’s outstanding audio, video and web capabilities and its GPS functionality.
“This award reinforces Nokia’s leadership and commitment to driving forward convergence in the mobile industry,” said Jonas Geust, head of Nokia Nseries Players Category, Multimedia, Nokia. “We’re delighted the Nokia N95 has been recognized as an outstanding imaging device and we firmly believe that by offering our customers true multimedia computers, like our Nokia Nseries range, we can confidently say we have now arrived at a time when people no longer need to carry multiple devices.”
The features of the Nokia N95 include:
- 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics
- Possibility to capture print quality photos and DVD-like quality video clips
- Unique 2-way slide concept with dedicated media keys
- Support for compatible microSD memory cards of up to 2GB
- Wireless LAN connectivity and HSDPA offering high download speeds
- Integrated GPS, and access to maps for more than 100 countries
- The option to purchase additional features such as city guides and voice-guided navigation
TIPA was founded in 1991 as an independent, non-profit association of European photo and imaging magazines. At present, TIPA includes 31 member magazines from twelve countries.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.