10 Easy Ways to be More “Earth Friendly“
If we want future generations to enjoy the same pleasures of the Earth that we do, we need to learn more about how we can conserve our natural resources, reduce our energy consumption and help reduce global warming.
Earth Day, April 22, has come and gone but Earth’s challenges remain. Climate change, energy conservation and deforestation are just a few that come to mind. These problems are so huge that we might be inclined to believe that one person cannot make a difference, but that’s not true. Ellen McNeill, owner of MyConservationBaby.com, a North Carolina company that sells baby clothes with conservation-inspired messages, has ten tips to help you be more “earth friendly.”
1. Call companies that use more packaging than necessary for their product and ask them to reduce the amount of packaging they use.
2. Pay your bills online and go paperless with as many of your bills as possible.
3. Recycle all glass, paper, metal, plastic and newspapers and everything you possibly can.
4. Batch your errands to minimize gas consumption.
5. Fix leaky faucets and use low-flow toilets and shower heads.
6. Replace your incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents.
7. Switch off lights whenever you leave a room and turn off any electronic devices you’re not using at the moment.
8. Borrow books from the library instead of buying new ones.
9. Only do full loads of laundry and use cold water instead of hot.
10. Lower your thermostat two degrees in the winter months and raise it two degrees in the summer.
You can visit MyConservationBaby.com for more tips on how to help the environment.
McNeill is compiling a comprehensive list of conservation tips and ideas and invites you to submit your tip or idea to info@MyConservationBaby.com. She will add them to the list currently on her website, MyConservationBaby.com.
- Contact Information
- Ellen McNeill
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.