Energos Lighting Systems: “Plug and Play” Energy Smart Lighting from Lightolier
Fall River, MA – Lightolier, the leader in interior lighting for over a century, has significantly enhanced their Energy Smart Lighting product portfolio with the introduction of Energos. Energos provides a comprehensive, easy-to-install linear pendant fluorescent lighting system. It responds to lighting professionals’ demand for a more cost-effective way to deliver outstanding lighting that consumes a minimum amount of energy without sacrificing aesthetics or performance. Energos is designed to be a highly efficient bi-directional system that assures visual comfort with minimal energy consumption. The optional Energos Control System of built-in occupancy sensors is “Plug and Play” and performs immediately after the fixtures are installed without commissioning. To fine-tune the lighting performance, Energos offers over 100 high performance lamp and ballast configurations to achieve ideal lighting without wasted power. Lamps and ballasts are installed and tested prior to shipping to insure the designer’s intention makes it to the installation.
“Energy Smart Lighting plays an essential role in sustainable design,” says Dennis Nodine, Linear Systems Product Manager at Lightolier. “Until now, organizations striving to improve their energy efficiency had to compromise on aesthetics, performance, cost effectiveness, or ease of installation. Energos ensures that everything you need to meet today’s stringent energy regulations is integrated and ready to go.”
Energos is a bi-directional system offered in two distinct housing styles, each about 2.25” deep. Series 1 is softly curved, while Series 2 offers a square-edged profile. Both are available with a parabolic louver or a unique duplex lens, which supports three different optics and multiple lamping options. Energos can also be configured with dual switching, a range of emergency battery packs, several different dimming ballasts, and Lightolier’s iGEN technology.
• The efficiency for the two light T8 fixture with a parabolic louver is 93%.
• The optional occupancy sensors are adjustable from 10 seconds to 30 minutes and preset at the factory to turn off the fixtures after 30 minutes when there’s no activity in the space.
• A typical space with two runs of 24 foot fixtures will consume just .64 watts per square foot while achieving 50 footcandles and 5 to 1 ceiling brightness ratio.
• The occupancy sensor contains a photo sensor that can be used prevent the fixtures from coming on if the space has enough natural light from the windows.
• The 3 light T5 version is available with compartmentalized optics to separate the indirect from the direct distribution.
• Three optics available: The Parabolic Indirect/Direct optic, with a typical 70/30 uplight distribution, provides the highest efficiency and widest spacing for typical applications. The Parabolic Direct/Indirect optic is fitted with a pierced upper reflector that delivers a typical 20/80 uplight distribution. The proprietary Duplex Lens Indirect/Direct optic incorporates a linear prismatic lens covered by a partially reflective film.
Headquartered in Fall River, Massachusetts, Lightolier, for over 100 years, has provided creative lighting solutions for commercial, institutional, and residential lighting needs. Lightolier is on the World Wide Web at www.lightolier.com. Lightolier is a Division of The Genlyte Group Incorporated, (NASDAQ: GLYT). The Genlyte Group Incorporated is the largest lighting company in North America dedicated exclusively to the design, manufacture and marketing of lighting fixtures and controls. The Genlyte Group Incorporated brands include Bronzelite, Capri, Canlyte, Chloride Systems, Crescent, Day-Brite, Entertainment Technology, ExceLine, Forecast, Gardco, Hadco, Ledalite, Lightolier, Lightolier Controls, Lumec, Lumec-Schreder, Omega, Shakespeare Composite Structures, Stonco, Thomas Lighting, Translite Sonoma, USS Manufacturing, Vari-Lite and Wide-Lite.
- Contact Information
- Elizabeth Washer
- Strategic Communications Specialist
- van Schouwen Associates
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.