ServiceOntario Making It Easier To Access Government Services In Temiskaming Shores
The Government of Ontario is making it easier for residents of Temiskaming Shores to access services and information from five provincial ministries at its newest ServiceOntario Centre, Temiskaming-Cochrane MPP David Ramsay announced today on behalf of Government Services Minister Gerry Phillips.
“Quick, convenient access to birth certificates, marriage certificates and health cards are examples of how the McGuinty government is delivering real results for people right across the province,” said Ramsay. "All across
Ontario, people are demanding better service and more results from their government - and we’re delivering"
ServiceOntario is located at 280 Armstrong Street North in New Liskeard and serves more than 5,000 residents of Temiskaming Shores and the surrounding areas of Cobalt, Latchford, Earlton and other rural communities.
Services offered include:
- Birth, death and marriage certificate applications
- Fishing and hunting licenses
- Health card registrations
- Landlord and tenant applications
- Employment standards applications
- Park permits
- Government publications
“Businesses can also count on ServiceOntario to get or renew registrations and permits, conduct business name searches and access other business services,” said Ramsay. “Businesses have told us they need our help to become more competitive and efficient in today’s economy - and we’re working with them to boost competitiveness and economic growth in Ontario.”
In addition to provincial services and information, residents of Temiskaming Shores can also access information and services offered by the Government of Canada, including applications for passports, Social Insurance Numbers, Old Age Security and the Canada Pension Plan.
The opening of the Temiskaming Shores ServiceOntario Centre is another example of the Ontario government’s commitment to delivering high-quality, cost-effective and accessible services to people across the province.
Other examples include:
- The introduction in November 2005 of the first government money-back guarantee in North America for online birth certificate applications
- The introduction in January 2007 of three new money-back guarantees for online marriage, death and master business licence applications
- The introduction of BizPal, an online service that simplifies the business permit and licence process for entrepreneurs, governments and third-party business service providers. Easy and convenient, BizPal provides one-stop access to permit and licence information for all levels of government
For more information, visit serviceontario.ca or call 1-800-267-8097.
Backgrounder: ServiceOntario at 280 Armstrong Street North in Temiskaming Shores
ServiceOntario is the one-stop shop for the public to access a range of Ontario government publications, services and information online, by phone and in person. ServiceOntario makes it easier for Ontario families and businesses to access information and services how, where and when they want them.
Online - ServiceOntario.ca offers convenient online access to government information and services 24 hours a day, seven days a week - including an online application for birth certificates.
By phone - the ServiceOntario Call Centre provides a bilingual information and referral service.
General inquiries: (705) 647-7391 or toll-free in the 705 area at 1-877-817-6636 TTY: 1-800-268-7095 toll-free in Ontario
In person - there are 63 ServiceOntario Centres across Ontario including 280 Armstrong Street North in Temiskaming Shores. The centre provides individuals and businesses with a variety of provincial services and information, including:
- Answers to frequently asked questions about government services
- Referrals to government staff who can provide specialized help
- Access to the government’s Internet site to search programs, services or staff
- Access to the Ontario Business Connects website to register/renew your business name, conduct a business name search and apply for the Retail Sales Tax Permit, Employer Health Tax and register with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
- Access to information bundled into “life events” - such as “Losing Your Wallet” and “Getting Married”
- Access to online government services, including an online change of address service
- Free government publications, including the Ontario Parks Guide, fishing and hunting regulations and Power of Attorney kits
- The ability to order government publications electronically using Publications Ontario Online - the Ontario government’s virtual bookstore
- The ability to purchase publications from the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Forms, including birth, marriage and death certificates, health cards and help completing them
- Commissioner of Oaths services, including certification of documents and affidavits
- The ability to file Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal applications
- Applications for fuelwood permits and registration of ice huts
- Submit cheques for Ministry of Finance employment, corporate and retail sales taxes
- The ability to purchase prospectors licenses and renewals, claims maps and mining claim tags - and more.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.