AIM Tell-A-Vision Group Announces American Latino TV Awards Nominees
NEW YORK, NY -- The AIM Tell-A-Vision Group, pioneering producers of English language, culturally relevant television programming for U.S. born Latinos, announced the nominees for the first ever American Latino TV Awards with voting and promotion scheduled to begin this week. The awards show is a celebration of the show’s historic fifth season while serving to recognize excellence and achievements of American Latinos who have been featured in the producers’ combined 188 episodes.
The nominees (four per category with six categories) for the unique awards show format were selected by a team of American Latino TV producers. The winners will be decided by online voting and announced during the syndicated broadcast of the American Latino Awards special, which will begin airing later this summer in over 70 cities nationwide. A promotional campaign of TV promos, radio ads, local and national print and online ads will direct viewers to www.AmericanLatinoAwards.com which provides a detailed list of nominees, along with a short video segment of each one, and the ability to cast votes.
The nominees for each category include:
1. FAVORITE AMERICAN LATINO ATHLETE: Luis Castillo (NFL-San Diego Chargers), Mary Joe Fernández (Tennis Pro), Carlos Arroyo (NBA-Orlando Magic), Ray Mendez (In-Line Skater).
2. FAVORITE AMERICAN LATINO ACTOR: Gael García Bernal (“Babel,” “Motorcycle Diaries”), America Ferrera (“Ugly Betty”), Judy Reyes (“Scrubs”), Eva Longoria (“Desperate Housewives”).
3. FAVORITE AMERICAN LATINO FILMMAKER: Guillermo del Toro (“Pan’s Labyrnth”), Andy García (“Lost City”), Alejandro González Iñárrittu (“Babel,” “Amores Perros”), Rosie Pérez (“Yo Soy Boricua”).
4. FAVORITE INDIE MUSICAL ARTIST(S): Go Betty Go (Punk Pop), KHZ (Heavy Rock), Pistolera (Latin-Alt Folklorico), Tapón (Spanish Reggae).
5. FAVORITE AMERICAN LATINO COMEDIAN: George López (“George Lopez Show”), Carlos Mencía (“Mind of Mencia”), Kiki Meléndez (“Hot Tamales”) and Ruperto Vanderpool (Stand-Up Comedian).
6. MOST INSPIRING AMERICAN LATINO: Francisco Patiño (Inventor), Peggy Stamp (Designer), Hank Cervantes (WW II Pilot and Author), Sal Rojas (Photographer and Entrepreneur).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.