One On One Tutoring – Helping Your Child To Excel In And Out Of The Classroom
Competition, overcrowded classrooms and tougher state testing requirements have created pressure on students to perform. Couple that with the No Child Left Behind Act, and the need is greater than ever for supplemental educational services, (i.e. tutoring). According to an article on January 7th in the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel Newspaper, “Nationwide parents spend $5 billion to $7 billion on tutoring sessions last year, an 18 percent increase from 2005, as reported by the Education Industry Association. Five years ago there were 800,000 tutors nationwide, today there are 2 million tutors.
The bottom line is that parents are searching for affordable one-on-one tutoring. With parents’ hectic schedules, resulting in limited time availability, they want solutions that can be brought to them in their home. They also need to know that tutoring sessions will address the areas where the child needs it the most. With standardized testing taking over many of a school’s focus, it’s important to not only educate the students for the testing, but teach valuable skills that can help them throughout their education.
If you think your child would benefit with a tutor, here are some facts to consider:
1. In home tutoring services dispatch a qualified tutor directly to you. You don’t need to drive anywhere.
2. Children get an individualized program. Not a pre-determined one that all kids that age use, but one that is specifically designed for your child’s unique needs.
3. A tutor can address any special needs and work to ensure that your child is getting help in those areas that need the most attention.
4. Home tutoring is perfect for the home-schooled child. As home schooling becomes more prevalent, parents are reaching out to supplement their efforts, especially in advanced subjects such as secondary math and science.
With this growing demand for more tutors comes the need for more companies that focus on maintaining a network of qualified teachers and tutors. In essence, the company becomes the broker or ‘matchmaker’ doing all of the legwork of finding an appropriate tutor for the student. Laurie Hurley, founder and CEO of Bright Apple Tutoring, Inc. a tutor referral service, and Home Tutoring Business, http://www.hometutoringbusiness.com has been operating a successful tutor referral service since 2002. And, each year as the educational industry continued to grow and more and more parents realized the benefits of one-on-one in-home tutoring, Hurley’s business continued to excel. In 2005, Hurley began making this same opportunity available to others through her Home Tutoring Business Packages. She has assisted dozens of entrepreneurs to succeed by mentoring them throughout the process of establishing their own tutor referral business in the community in which they live.
If starting your own tutor referral business interests you, here are some additional facts:
1. A home tutoring business fulfills a niche in the educational services market that, until quite recently, was overlooked.
2. The owner serves as a broker between professional teachers and tutors and students in need of one-on-one, private in-home tutoring.
3. In-home tutoring affords the parent a convenient, more personal approach to tutoring.
4. Tutors are matched with students based on academic need, personality and learning style.
5. The owner conducts an in-depth interview with all tutors, AND meets every student and their parent(s) in order to make the perfect match.
6. In order to manage and administer a successful company, teaching and tutoring experience is not required.
If you would like to learn more about one-on-one in-home tutoring or are interested in starting your own tutor referral business, contact Laurie Hurley today or stop by her site at http://www.hometutoringbusiness.com or call 1-888-847-0033.
- Contact Information
- Laurie Hurley
- Home Tutoring Business
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.