NAVTEQ Debuts Richer, More Dynamic Map Content at 2007 CES
Impressive Roster of Top LBS Companies Exhibiting at NAVTEQ Booth at CES
Chicago, IL – January 8, 2007 – NAVTEQ (NYSE: NVT), a leading global provider of digital maps for vehicle navigation and location-based solutions, unveiled its latest offerings with NAVTEQ Discover Cities™, a pedestrian relevant guide for mobile devices, and NAVTEQ’s dynamic suite of traffic solutions at the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV (booth #36226).
NAVTEQ Discover Cities, a new bundle of map and Points of Interest (POI) data built specifically for personal media and location aware devices, offers pedestrian relevant content for those visiting large cities. It works in much the same way a tourist guide would, displaying neighborhood boundaries, reviewed and rated restaurants, public transportation, walkways, hotels, shopping, nightlife and more. NAVTEQ Discover Cities is being demonstrated on the latest portable media player from iriver, the W10, which will be the first commercially available device to offer NAVTEQ Discover Cities.
Additionally, NAVTEQ’s traffic solutions: NAVTEQ Traffic™, NAVTEQ Traffic RDS™, NAVTEQ Traffic Mobile™ and NAVTEQ Traffic Patterns™ are on display, emphasizing the uniquely comprehensive process of collecting, integrating, testing and distributing traffic information while linked to the industry leading NAVTEQ® map. Demonstrations underline the importance of combining multiple sources of historic and real time traffic data with intelligent data processing.
NAVTEQ is also demonstrating prototypes for:
* Traffic flow data from probe sources - Flow information generated from probes placed on vehicles, typically delivery trucks or business service vehicles that report their location via a GPS device. Traffic flow data from probe sources will be an increasingly useful component of an overall traffic solution. Probe data may be a complement to our expanding sensor network, and will be especially valuable once the probe vehicles reach a critical mass.
* Traffic for HD Radio - Traffic data delivered over HD Radio™ systems which combine greater bandwidth for richer content with the reliability of digital transmission.
In addition, many of the world’s top portable navigation device (PND) manufacturers will demonstrate how they use NAVTEQ map and dynamic content products
* Alpine Blackbird PMD-8100 comes pre-loaded with maps of the U.S. and Canada and a built-in traffic receiver, allowing it to access the NAVTEQ Traffic RDS™ service.
* Delphi NAV200 offers the budget-conscious customer a unique blend of advanced navigation and entertainment features in a sleek, portable package.
* Garmin nÜvi 660 is a sleek navigator and travel assistant. This preloaded navigator brings a colorful widescreen display, hands-free calling, traffic alerts, FM transmitter and more.
* Infogation Portable Navigation J-430 is an award-winning application which allows you to enjoy your favorite music, movie, photos and the most powerful Multiple Language voice-guided navigation system. You’ll never need to set the local time again.
* Lowrance iWay 250c is an affordable palm-sized, 1” thin, fully portable precision GPS navigator. It includes over 4.5 million Points of Interest, built-in battery, on road/off road routing flexibility, MP3 player and a picture viewer.
* Magellan CrossoverGPS is the world’s first crossover, pocket sized GPS. Auto navigation plus the ability to transition to the great outdoors with one GPS.
* Pioneer AVIC-S1 provides turn-by-turn route guidance and voice prompts to your destination. Built-in Bluetooth also allows for hands-free calling.
* Samsung’s UMPC combines the capabilities of a PDA, MP3 / Personal Media Player, tablet PC with an in-vehicle route guidance navigation solution, in one sleek and stylish mobile device.
* Sony NV-U71T is ready to use right out of the box with maps for USA, Canada and Puerto Rico with nearly 7 millions Points of Interest (POIs).
* TomTom RIDER, designed specifically for motorcycles, is the smartest portable navigator on two wheels. The RIDER is rugged and weather resistant with hands-free calling.
* Uniden Maptrax GPS352 provides ““Best in Class” navigation utilizing the fastest processor, preloaded maps, daylight viewable display, and a Lithium Ion battery for portability in a remarkably small “Easy to Use” design.
* ViaMichelin Portable GPS Navigation X-930 combines ease of use and portability. ViaMichelin’s Portable GPS Navigation X-930 is the lightest weight, slimmest product in its class, offers a full size color touch screen, includes the latest GPS receiver technology, plus a complete set of pre-loaded U.S. maps and points of interest.
Leading wireless application providers are displaying their LBS solutions at the NAVTEQ booth.
* Garmin Mobile provides real-time GPS navigation for mobile phones, with a moving map and automatic route calculation to millions of points of interest nationwide, including turn-by-turn voice-guided directions.
* Jentro activepilot provides a location based experience on mass market phones– local search, community tools, e911 and navigation on one platform.
* Networks in Motion NAVBuilder features real-time navigation capabilities that speed time to market and reduce design and development costs. It’s a fast, easy way to add location-based services to your wireless applications.
* PTV NaviGuide. PTV is a leading software provider for mobile navigation with award-wining GPS navigation and LBS technology for consumer electronics
* Proxpro Locate People empowers individuals to find and meet the people that matter the most to them.
* Smarter Agent’s Mobile GPS Real Estate Search helps you look for your next home or apartment. Revolutionary cell phone search uses GPS to let you know about properties near you.
TeleNav GPS Navigator helps you find your way with turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions from your mobile phone.
“NAVTEQ is pleased to be joined at CES by some of the world’s most recognizable consumer brands and leading LBS companies,” commented Winston Guillory, Senior Vice President – Consumer & Business Sales, NAVTEQ. “Our strong relationships with these companies is an output of their trust in NAVTEQ to deliver accurate, reliable digital map data as well as innovative, cutting-edge content that stimulates development of new location-enabled products.”
NAVTEQ is a leading provider of comprehensive digital map information for automotive navigation systems, mobile navigation devices, Internet-based mapping applications, and government and business solutions. NAVTEQ creates the digital maps and map content that power navigation and location-based services solutions around the world. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 2,100 employees located in 139 offices in 25 countries.
NAVTEQ, NAVTEQ Discover Cities, NAVTEQ Traffic Patterns, NAVTEQ Traffic, NAVTEQ Traffic RDS are trademarks in the U.S. and other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2007 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved
This document may include certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, plans, objectives, expectations and intentions and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts and statements identified by words such as “expects”, “anticipates”, “intends”, “plans”, “believes”, “seeks”, “estimates” or words of similar meaning. These statements are based on our current beliefs or expectations and are inherently subject to various risks and uncertainties, including those set forth under “Item 1A. Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2005 and “Item 1A. Risk Factors” in the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 2, 2006, in each case as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Actual results may differ materially from these expectations due to changes in global political, economic, business, competitive, market and regulatory factors. NAVTEQ does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this document.
For more information, send e-mail to email@example.com.
- Contact Information
- Bob Richter
- North America Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.