Kensington® Keeps Mobile Professionals Connected into the New Year
Introducing Eight New Accessories for January 2007
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. (January 8, 2007)-- Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in mobile computing accessories today announced eight new products designed to help consumers stay connected while on the go. The new products include additions to the award-winning line of iPod® accessories, to the line of media and communication devices and to the popular line of notebook mice and keypads.
Reports indicate that 2007 will see an increase in the volume of business travel worldwide with continued and sustained growth. According to a recent survey by the Travel Industry Association, (www.tia.org) today’s travelers bring a surprising amount of technology with them in order to stay connected. In addition, a recent report from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) shows that computer accessories - products that make primary devices work better, connect simpler or easier to take along - now account for more than $2 billion in sales. Across the board, Kensington offers the products and accessories that enhance the user experience no matter what technology device they choose to travel with.
“Business travel is on the rise, and we are delighted to announce a wide range of products that help our customers better enjoy their mobile lifestyles,” said Christine Dumery, Marketing Communications Manager, Kensington. “Our expanding line of smartly designed yet easy to use products allows mobile professionals to stay productive and enjoy their technology while traveling on business or for leisure, locally, domestically or internationally.”
When Travel is a Must - Kensington has You Covered
Kensington accessories have wide appeal for mobile users who need to have ultimate productivity and enjoyment while on the go. Kensington answers this need with a variety of products that allow for the best computing experience.
Play it - iPod Accessories
Mobile professionals love their music too, whether it’s from an iPod or an MP3 player, Kensington keeps the tunes playing in the car or between meetings.
* FX500 Speaker To Go (SKU 33390) - Perfect for travelers, the FX500 Speaker To Go plays your MP3 or iPod tunes with quality stereo sound thanks to its built-in speakers. The speakers are housed in a 1.25" ultra thin case to store and protect your music player while in use so it’s ready to go wherever you want. Suggested Retail Price $49.99
* Car Mount for iPod and MP3 Players (SKU 33412) - Keep your iPod® or MP3 player safely in place while you drive. Flexible arm positions your player in view without taking up space or blocking dashboard controls. Adjustable, padded cradle secures player without scratching. No installation needed - the unique suction mount grips tightly, yet releases quickly by lifting a lever. Suggested Retail Price $29.99
As more mobile professionals rely on Internet communications to conduct business calls or stay in touch with family and friends around the world, Kensington expands its line of VoIP accessories that simplifies making Internet calls through a computer. Additionally, Kensington has a solution that allows mobile professionals to exchange more content between media devices.
* Vo200 Bluetooth Internet Phone (SKU 33406) - Using your Bluetooth®-enabled PC, the Kensington Vo200 Bluetooth® Internet Phone lets you make clear calls and get hours of talk time -- over three hours and up to 30 hours standby time. When you’re finished, just slide it into your notebook’s PC Card slot to conveniently store and recharge. Always make clear calls with advanced echo cancellation and noise suppression technology. Use the convenient hands free mode or change to handset mode for more privacy. The Vo200 Bluetooth Internet Phone is compatible with your favorite Internet phone services including Skype , MSN , Yahoo® and Google . Suggested Retail Price $89.99
* 7-in-1 Media Reader for ExpressCard Slot (SKU 33407) - Conveniently transfer pictures and music between your notebook and media devices while on the go! Just plug in your memory card then drag and drop your files. With the 7-in-1 ExpressCard® Media Reader, you won’t hassle with USB cords and wait on slow downloads again. It fits neatly into your ExpressCard® notebook slot so it’s ready to use in the office or on the road. Suggested Retail Price $39.99
Allowing consumers to get the most out of their computing experiences, Kensington also offers four new products to the Control it line, including a Bluetooth -enabled mouse and USB enabled notebook keypads, for ultimate productivity.
* Notebook Keypad/Calculator with USB Hub (SKU 72274) - Offering the fastest, most convenient way to enter numeric data. This is one smart device -- a calculator, full 19-key pad and USB hub, all in one. Enter numbers even faster with this keypad that doubles as a stand-alone calculator. Convenient mode switch lets you quickly make and enter calculations then whiz through 10-key data entry. Plus, the keypad contains 2 USB ports for your other accessories. No software needed, just plug it in to use. Suggested Retail Price $29.99
* Wireless Notebook Keypad/Calculator and Mouse Set (SKU 72273) - A faster, more convenient way to enter numbers while traveling. This set includes an ergonomic keypad that doubles as a stand-alone calculator and an optical mouse. Handy mode switch lets you quickly make and enter calculations then whiz through 10-key data entry. Just one receiver connects both mouse and keypad. Ideal for mobile professionals that work on financial applications and spreadsheets. SRP $59.99
* Si670m Bluetooth® Wireless Notebook Mouse (SKU 72271) - Instant connection with no receiver! Designed for people who want the best out of their computing experience, this wireless mouse connects to your Bluetooth-enabled notebook, without a receiver. That means no wires, no receivers, and no clutter. Work quickly and accurately on almost any surface thanks to the 1000 dpi performance optical sensor and 4-way tilt scroll. Plus, the ergonomic design helps you work comfortably all day long. SRP $49.99
* Si750m LE Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse (SKU 72272) - Designed for women, Kensington’s new Si750m LE Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse offers a unique combination of technology and style. With a comfortable sculpted design fitting comfortably in a woman’s hand, laser precision and wireless convenience, it provides the ultimate in mobility and precision on the road. This limited edition mouse comes in an attractive titanium and pink color. SRP $59.99
With the launch of this product, Kensington is proud to announce its support to the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women™ movement to help fight heart disease, the # 1 killer of American women. To show its full support to the movement, Kensington is donating $125,000 to the American Heart Association to help raise funds and awareness so women can lead longer, heart-healthy lives.
“Heart disease touches all our lives. It affects the women we know, the women we love,” said Dumery. “Kensington is proud to support the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement. By helping to raise funds and awareness, we can make a difference in women’s lives.”
Go Red For Women is the America Heart Association’s national call to increase awareness of heart disease and to inspire women to take charge of their heart health.
Smart Made Simple. (www.kensington.com)
When you think mobile computing accessories, think Kensington. We put innovation, creativity and reliability into every product we make, from mobile power to notebook security to iPod® accessories. Wherever technology takes you, go with Kensington solutions, a worldwide leader in mobile computing.
Kensington Computer Products Group, headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ABD), a world leader in branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion and products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information visit the Kensington Web site at kensington.com or call toll-free 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands.
- Contact Information
- Kensington Public Relations
- North America
- Kensington Computer Products Group
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.