Sybase iAnywhere Launches OneBridge 5.5 for Secure Mobile Email and Applications
New Version Features Interoperability with Afaria, Expanded Device Support, Greater Ease-of-Evaluation and Enhanced End-User Capabilities.
Chicago, IL. — Mobile Business Expo — October 31, 2006 — Sybase iAnywhere today announced the release of OneBridge® 5.5, which extends enterprise email and applications to mobile workers. Version 5.5 provides new interoperability with the company’s Afaria® 5.5 (announced in a separate release today), supports more than 130 mobile devices, simplifies the evaluation process for businesses, and provides administrators and users with enhanced security, management and email capabilities.
OneBridge 5.5 is a core component of the recently announced Information Anywhere® Suite, a platform which addresses converging enterprise requirements for mobile email, security, device management and application enablement.
“Interoperability between OneBridge 5.5 and Afaria 5.5 enables us to deliver the most secure, end-to-end email messaging solution on the market today,” explained Joe Owen, vice president engineering at iAnywhere. “Now OneBridge is more secure than ever, with the ability to take advantage of Afaria features such as device-side and server-side security in addition to on-the-fly encryption and decryption. Additionally, these technology advances form the core of our Information Anywhere Suite, allowing organizations to better integrate, extend and leverage investments in their existing IT infrastructure when developing a mobile strategy.”
Version 5.5 delivers a host of new features that will excite IT administrators and end-users alike. Enterprises looking to evaluate OneBridge will find it easier to evaluate, with features that make it simple to install and test-drive. Users will appreciate enhanced usability such as live access to corporate email and phone directories, greater usability in conjunction with strong device security features, and compatibility with the latest mobile devices.
“Stratapult has been a long-time strategic Sybase iAnywhere partner, leveraging Afaria to enable our customers to manage, secure and control the day-to-day frontline information needs of their organizations,” said Jeff Pack, Senior Manager of remote systems management at Stratapult. “We’re excited by the new interoperability between Afaria 5.5 and OneBridge 5.5, as it enables us to broaden our portfolio offering to new and existing customers – to now include secure push email.”
New features and enhancements in OneBridge 5.5 include:
Enterprise Email Enhancements
* Secure email – By offering complete interoperability with Afaria Security Manager, OneBridge allows users to completely encrypt or lock down mobile devices, yet make the devices available to receive push notifications from the server. This ensures that the data is secure and never compromised, regardless of the device connectivity state (offline/online).
* Simplified evaluation – Offers a simple, hosted evaluation with over-the-air device deployment. Now enterprises no longer need to open inbound server ports or firewalls to enable the pushing of enterprise data to mobile devices. By offering a hosted DMZ proxy server environment, IT administrators do not need to install or configure any components in a DMZ (demilitarized zone). Companies can seamlessly connect any wireless mobile device to their enterprise data securely without staging data outside the firewall.
* New device support for Nokia and SonyEricsson – OneBridge supports the Symbian 9 operating system, including the new Nokia Eseries and Nseries devices and Sony Ericsson P990i and m600 devices.
* Increased scalability – OneBridge is now reconfigured to take advantage of new features that have greatly reduced the number of server authentications.
* Security-friendly architecture – Eases the administration of security policies with a new patent-pending architecture that has been enhanced to take advantage of the existing network infrastructure.
User Enhancements for Email
* Corporate directory lookup – OneBridge customers using Windows Mobile devices can easily find a colleague’s contact information within the corporate address book without having to download the entire address book.
* Enhanced interface for subfolder subscription – Users can subscribe to the subfolders that they want to view on their mobile device.
* New Symbian mail client – OneBridge enhances the Symbian mail client by offering a custom template that greatly improves the usability.
* User definable push schedules – Allows users to set personal connection schedules according to battery life and real-time data needs.
Application Enablement Enhancements
* OneBridge Mobile Objects for Windows Mobile Smartphone – OneBridge has now extended support to Windows Mobile Smartphone that allows developers to embed OneBridge components, such as synchronization, communication, remote object access, etc., as part of their application to offer a seamless mobile solution.
* SQL Anywhere database support – OneBridge Mobile Data Suite now supports SQL Anywhere from Sybase iAnywhere on both Windows and Windows Mobile platforms.
Pricing and Availability
OneBridge 5.5 will be available later in Q4. Pricing is based upon a one-time, per-seat licensing agreement. For a demonstration of the new version, please visit the Sybase iAnywhere booth #311. Additional information is available at http://www.ianywhere.com/ob or by calling 1-800-801-2069. Register for a free 30-day trial version of OneBridge 5.5 at: www.ianywhere.com/GetOneBridge.
An online seminar will be offered on November 29, 2006 to describe the product in further detail. Interested parties may register for the seminar by accessing www.ianywhere.com/webcast_onebridge55.
About Information Anywhere Suite
The Information Anywhere Suite is a secure, scalable mobile software portfolio of products that address the converging IT requirements of enterprises today. By combining email/messaging, mobile device management, enterprise-to-edge security and back-office application extension capabilities, Information Anywhere enables organizations to empower employees to do the work they need to do anywhere, at anytime, on any device. Built from the inception to address the unique characteristics of frontline environments, Information Anywhere ensures that mobilized applications are as secure, reliable and available as those that run within the data center.
About Sybase iAnywhere
Sybase iAnywhere enables success at the front lines of business. The company holds worldwide market leadership positions in mobile and embedded databases, mobile management and security, mobile middleware and synchronization, and Bluetooth® and infrared protocol technologies. Tens of millions of mobile devices, millions of subscribers, and 20,000 customers and partners rely on the company’s “Always Available” technologies, including SQL Anywhere, Afaria, OneBridge, Advantage Database Server and the AvantGo mobile Internet service. iAnywhere is a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. (NYSE:SY).
# # # #
Sybase, iAnywhere, iAnywhere Solutions, SQL Anywhere, Afaria, OneBridge and AvantGo are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of Sybase, Inc. or its subsidiaries. ® indicates registration in the United States of America. The Bluetooth trademark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by iAnywhere is under license. All other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Special Note: References to iAnywhere mean iAnywhere Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. Statements concerning iAnywhere Solutions’ product market, relationships with its customers and new products are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks and cannot be guaranteed. Factors that could ultimately affect such statements are detailed from time to time in Sybase’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to its annual report on Form 10-K and its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q (copies of which can be viewed on the Company’s web site).
- Contact Information
- Crystal King
- iAnywhere Solutions
- iAnywhere Solutions, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.