Vizrea’s New Mobile, PC and Web Connected Service Lets Users Share Anywhere
Innovative Next-Generation Social Network Lets Users Share Video, Photos, Podcasts and Blogs, and Access Music
SEATTLE — Sept. 21, 2006 — Vizrea Corp. today announced its new next-generation social network service that lets people share their life from anywhere. With Vizrea, users can now share their photos, videos, blogs and podcasts with friends and family, privately or publicly by mobile phone, PC or the Web. On 3G and other high-speed networks, Vizrea also provides access to PC-based music content on mobile phones — providing a way for users to listen to songs in their digital library anywhere.
Built upon this year’s successful free trial version of Vizrea Snap for camera phone users, the new Vizrea service uniquely combines compelling social network community features with support for the mobile phone, PC and the Web. The Vizrea service is based on a state-of-the-art content platform that allows people to share and organize their content simultaneously.
“It’s a busy world and it’s hard to stay connected to friends and family,” said Mike Toutonghi, president and CEO of Vizrea. “Vizrea is committed to providing a service where people can simply share their life with others around the world in real time anywhere and any way they want to.”
The Vizrea service is made up of three pieces: software for mobile phones, software for PCs and the Web. Any one or two work well together, but all three make the experience of sharing, organizing and accessing content anywhere more complete. Key features for each area include these:
• A personal mobile Web site lets users share pictures, videos, audio, and public or private comments with anyone with an Internet-enabled phone.
• Mobile messaging allows Internet-enabled phones to easily send photos, video, audio and even collections of media to another mobile phone.
• Users can upload camera-phone photos, videos and blog posts to their PC or Web site on Vizrea.
• Users can download any photos and videos on their PC or Web site to their mobile phone — turning that phone into a portable digital photo album.
Web and PC
• For the first-time user, Vizrea automatically creates a Web site and provides customization options so that users can creatively design their own page.
• Users can share Vizrea content on other blogs or social networking sites and upload their content from blogs and other sites to their Vizrea site.
• A flexible sharing wizard lets users control how they want to share their content — privately or publicly — and send messages through e-mail or to friends’ phones, or both.
• On 3G and other high-speed networks, the service supports streaming music from the PC to compatible cell phones so users can listen to music from their PC on their mobile phone.
• Vizrea can automatically scan in existing digital media, creating one central service where users can access, organize and share photos, videos and other content.
“With a variety of devices, media types, and an increasing number of friends to share stuff with, the market is desperately looking for a comprehensive, easy-to-use service that takes the complexity out of the media sharing, syncing and using experience,” said Rob Enderle, principal analyst for the Enderle Group. “Vizrea appears to do the best job of eliminating the complexity in this environment, making it easy to use and share media in today’s increasingly diverse hardware and software world.”
The mobile media sharing industry is continuing to grow in popularity. According to a May 2006 study by Enpocket Mobile Media Monitor, 52 percent of mobile users in both the U.S. and the U.K. listed picture messaging as their most favored application.
In addition to its Web site and mobile Web site, Vizrea is being launched with support for Symbian Series 60 Second Edition and Third Edition phones and runs on Windows XP for PC. Free software packages for phones and the PC can be downloaded at http://www.vizrea.com. To install and use Vizrea on the PC, a recent version of Windows XP with Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher, Windows Media Player 9 or later, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher are required. To use Vizrea for phones, mobile service must include Internet access and photo or video capability.
The Vizrea service, including mobile messaging, will be free for the first 60 days of service. After that, users will be charged for mobile messages and some premium features but the core service will remain free of charge.
Vizrea is dedicated to an irresistible vision of the future of digital media. Made up of a team of industry veterans and headquartered in Seattle, Vizrea provides the industry’s complete solution for sharing and accessing content from anywhere, making everything a person wants to do with digital media — organizing, sharing and streaming — a snap.
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Contact Information
- Mac Brown
- Account Manager
- Waggener Edstrom
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.