b8ta and PCH Join Forces at Hardware House to Create the Ultimate Consumer Electronics Discovery Space at SXSW Interactive
At the third annual hardware-focused event at SXSW, makers and hardware enthusiasts are offered a dedicated destination to gather, recharge, and demo new products.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016 --Today b8ta, a technology company born from the retail frustrations felt by consumers and manufacturers alike, announces it will team up with PCH, designer of custom product solutions for startups and Fortune 500 companies, to co-host both an opening night party and a casual lounge experience at the third-annual Hardware House event at the South by Southwest Interactive Conference (SXSW). Hardware House is the epicenter for makers, entrepreneurs, investors, and hardware enthusiasts at SXSW, with dedicated events spanning parties, panels and office hours.
This year’s Hardware House experience includes:
- Opening Night Party: On Friday, March 11, b8ta and PCH will co-host the Hardware House party at WeWork Congress on 600 Congress Ave., Austin Texas, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Visitors can receive live demos and tea tastings from Teforia, the world’s first intelligent tea infuser that uses machine-learning to create the perfect cup of tea, every time. RSVP at: http://www.sxswhardwarehouse.com
- All-Day Events: On Monday, March 14, Hardware House will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott, 300 E 4th St, Austin, Texas 78701.
- Discovery Lounge: b8ta and PCH are teaming up to bring makers and hardware enthusiasts the ultimate space to discover and experience new products and meet the makers behind them. The discovery lounge will feature all-day refreshments, maker talks, and space to meet, relax, or recharge. Visitors will have a chance to play with some of the innovative products featured at b8ta, creating the ultimate out-of-box experience for SXSW-goers. Products include: Avegant Glyph, jamstik, Lily flying camera, LIFX, Prynt, Thync, and TrackR.
- Startup Office Hours: Visitors can sign up for office hours with b8ta and PCH executives to pitch products, get advice on product development and retail, or learn about PCH’s hardware accelerator Highway1. Sign up here.
- Hardware Panel Discussions: In addition to dedicated space to unwind, Hardware House will also feature panel discussions in the Rio Grande Ballroom. From 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., a full day of industry talks and demo sessions will take place covering everything from design, funding, manufacturing, sourcing, logistics, distribution, retail, and more.
- Keynote - Beauty 2.0: Innovation at L’Oreal: At 3:30 p.m., join us for a conversation between PCH founder and CEO Liam Casey and Global Vice President of L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator, Guive Balooch, on how the beauty and the tech industries are coming together to create the next generation of consumer beauty products.
“Since we founded b8ta, one of our main objectives was to ensure that makers had an opportunity to get their products in front of consumers and influencers alike,” said Phillip Raub, CMO and Head of Retail at b8ta. “By partnering with two great entities like PCH and Hardware House, we are continuing to deliver on those objectives, allowing a highly targeted audience to discover and experience new innovations firsthand.”
“New services and technology like crowdfunding and 3D printing have started a flurry of innovation in consumer hardware, but getting a new product manufactured and in the hands of consumers is still challenging,” said David Austin, General Manager of PCH Startup Programs. “Entrepreneurs can visit the Hardware House to learn about new models in product development, manufacturing, and retail being pioneered by PCH and b8ta to help hardware startups succeed.”
“Hardware House is all about bringing the best of the consumer electronics industry to cultural events like South By Southwest,” said John Rodriguez (J-Ro), founder of Hardware House and President of Stage Two. “Innovative partners like PCH and b8ta are integral to fulfilling that mission.”
To find out more about Hardware House and attend the SXSW Hardware House events, please visit: http://www.sxswhardwarehouse.com
About Hardware House
Hardware House is produced by Stage Two, a San Francisco-based integrated marketing agency for consumer technology companies. Since 2014, Hardware House has been a place where hardware and CE-loving SXSW attendees can meet, mingle, demo, and network. www.sxswhardwarehouse.com
b8ta is a software-powered retail showroom for out-of-the-box consumer hardware and IoT products. With every product on display like a physical ad, b8ta gives makers real-time interaction data while providing the essential hands-on experience for consumers and early adopters. Visit b8ta at 516 Bryant Street in Palo Alto or online at www.b8ta.com.
PCH designs custom product solutions for startups and Fortune 500 companies. Whether design engineering and development, manufacturing and fulfillment, distribution, or retail, PCH takes on the toughest challenges. If it can be imagined, it can be made. At PCH, we make. www.pchintl.com
Wareness for b8ta
- Contact Information
- Bita Khaleghi
- Account Manager
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.