Team of Warby Parker and Birchbox Alums Launch Twist, A Smart Lightbulb That Brings Booming Sound and Intelligent Lighting To Any Room
Twist introduces a new way to enjoy your home that’s as easy as screwing in a lightbulb
The smart home is broken. Hubs, messy wires, and bulky gadgets are only some of the current smart home platform shortcomings. But today, a NY-based company is sharing their “lightbulb moment” solution to apartment dwellers everywhere. Astro, a new company aimed at helping homeowners and space-deprived apartment dwellers, is launching a pre-order campaign for its debut product, Twist: the first Airplay controlled LED lightbulb that doubles as a speaker to provide the ultimate lighting and music streaming experience, without the hassle.
With Twist’s LED speaker and lightbulb combination, homeowners and apartment renters no longer have to shell out massive amounts of cash to improve their audio and lighting or make room for an expensive and permanent smart home platform--all they have to do is Twist.
With its cordless, wireless and installation-free design, Twist’s LED lightbulb is compatible with standard light sockets, with no hub needed to get started.
Here are some features of the Twist LED smart lightbulb:
- Throughout the day, lighting turns from a cool blue in the morning to a warm yellow in the evening to mimic natural daylight.
- You can adjust the brightness, turn the lights on or off, and activate the nightlight feature using the Twist app or dimmer to control the lighting the way you normally would.
- Getting started simply requires screwing in the Twist lightbulb.
- Controllable from any Airplay-enabled Apple device, Twist’s speakers ensure that users don’t need to be within close proximity in order to maintain connection.
- Instead of relying on Bluetooth, users can wirelessly stream any audio imaginable to their speaker over WiFi, from any Airplay device including the iPhone, iPad, and Apple laptop or desktop.
“Many consumers are frustrated with all the caveats of existing smart home solutions--a lot of these devices are too pricy, complicated to install and only work a fraction of the time. With Twist, we simplified smart home solutions to fit the urban renter’s lifestyle,” said Shaun Springer, CEO and Founder of Astro. “With our first product, Twist is designed for simplicity and accessibility. We’re looking forward to designing a wide range of smart home products in the future that also seamlessly integrate into a city dweller’s life.”
Twist’s pre-sales campaign officially launches today, and the company aims to raise $50,000 to fund production of its first batch of lightbulbs that will ship in Winter 2016. The Twist package will cost $249 and will include one Twist Speaker LED, two Twist LEDs and one Twist Dimmer.
To find out more and purchase your Twist now visit: hellotwist.com
Astro is a New York based smart home company whose products are designed to simplify connected living: no cords, no messy installation, and no hub required. Founded by Shaun Springer in 2014, Astro launched its debut product, Twist, the first lightbulb that doubles as a wireless Airplay-controlled speaker to provide quality lighting and sound experience, in 2015. For more information, visit http://hellotwist.com or follow @AstroAutomation on Twitter.
- Contact Information
- Amy Snook
- Account Manager
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.