New York American Water Announces 2015 Environmental Grant Program
Qualified Schools and Community Organizations Encouraged to Apply by March 13
New York American Water is accepting applications for green project funding through its Environmental Grant Program. Applications must be postmarked by March 13, 2015. The program offers funding of up to $5,000 for qualifying, innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies. Grants are limited in number and must support projects in the company’s service areas.
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are selected by the company’s employees based on various criteria such as project goals, impact, innovation, design, collaboration, sustainability, and community engagement, among other requirements.
To qualify, proposed projects must:
- Be located within New York American Water’s service area
- Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
- Be completed between May 1, 2015 and November 29, 2015
- Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion toan existing program
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the grant is used)
- Salaries and compensation for support of a project or program are in eligible for the grant.
Information and application requirements can be obtained directly at the New York American Water website. Grant recipients should be notified in early April.
New York American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water company in New York, providing high-quality and reliable water services to more than 360,000 people.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, waste water and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states and parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.