Commercial Solar Power Offers More Savings for Australian Businesses
GEELONG, Australia September 2014 – Australian businesses are opting to use commercial solar power as their main source of power for more reasons than just the savings from a reduction in power consumption. As most businesses operate during the day when the sun’s power is at its strongest, solar power has become a popular option for savvy commercial industries. The discounts and rebates that solar power now offers far outweigh the installation costs that Australian companies pay when choosing to go solar.
Eligible businesses can currently receive an upfront discount of up to $64,000 off the cost of a 100kW solar power system. In addition to the upfront discount, the savings that businesses gain from continuing to use solar power eventually covers the installation costs.
Director of City to Surf Solar+, a solar power installation company based in Geelong, Christian Pritchett says that because “most businesses have high power consumption and run during the day when the sun’s at its brightest, the decision to go solar is a bit of a no-brainer”. www.citytosurfsolar.com.au
Benefits of using commercial solar power also include:
- Businesses registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) can claim the GST back on their Business Activity Statement (BAS)*
- Small Business Entities (less than $2million turnover) may be eligible for Simple Depreciation of 15 per cent in the first year and 30 per cent in following years, which means big tax savings*
- Businesses that do not qualify as a Small Business Entity may be able to claim 10 per cent depreciation per year for 20 years under the diminishing method*
- Entrepreneurs who lease their solar system through Solar Finance Solutions may have their lease repayments as 100 per cent tax deductible*
- Owners can future-proof their business against excessive future rises in electricity costs
“In the future, it’s likely that all buildings will need to meet minimum environmental standards. Installing solar power may help a business become compliant. If something like this is inevitable, it’s better to do it sooner rather than later and reap the financial benefits,“ Christian says. ”Now and in future years, the importance of businesses being more environmentally responsible will be seen as important by consumers.” www.citytosurfsolar.com.au
City to Surf Solar+ is a premier LED lighting specialist and solar power Geelong company, locally owned and operated. Their staff are qualified experts in solar power system installation and maintenance and home power monitoring. City to Surf Solar+ have Geelong’s only interactive showroom where guests can see live solar power systems and LED lighting displays. www.citytosurfsolar.com.au
The company installs and maintains commercial solar panels for businesses around the Geelong region, including the Surf Coast and Bellarine Peninsula. Products and services include solar panels and modules, inverters, installation, maintenance, power monitoring, grid backup/stand alone, community and schools solar, and LED lighting. www.citytosurfsolar.com.au
- Contact Information
- Emma Pritchett
- City to Surf Solar+
- (61) 1300 348 847
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.