Mars Australia is listed as a Great Place to Work
On 12 September 2014 Mars Australia was listed #20 in the BRW Best Places to Work 2014 Study by Great Place to Work Australia®
The BRW Best Places to Work study is widely acclaimed in Australia. Based on one of the world’s most comprehensive assessments of workplace culture by Great Place to Work Australia, the quality of this year’s study was higher than ever.
The Great Place to Work® study invited more than 1,300 Mars Australia Associates to provide feedback in the Trust Index© Survey.
Across the board, 91% said that Mars Australia is a great place to work.
Mars Australia was also assessed in a Culture Audit©, scoring well for initiatives such as:
- Staff development opportunities – Setting Associates up for success is at the core of formal and informal training, support and induction programs at Mars Australia. Development is divided into 70:20:10 learning framework: 70% by doing, 20% from others and 10% from face-to-face or e-learning external and internal courses.
- Health and wellbeing - Overall wellbeing programs are in place for Associates so they can enjoy their day-to-day life at work and also at home with family and friends. Free gym access, subsidised healthy food at the canteen and health, wellbeing and nutrition education workshops are some ways Associates can get involved.
- Community involvement - Mars manufacturing sites are in regional areas, helping to create a more personal working environment and connection with the community. Associates at Mars make a difference in their communities and are encouraged to take ownership of their efforts, improving the lives of others and building lasting and meaningful relationships.
- Flat structure - Collaboration and agreement is promoted over hierarchy and authority at Mars Australia. Open offices and no allocated parking are some of the facilities that encourage open communication and allows for approachable leadership.
- Recognition programs - Managers have long recognised and celebrated the achievements of Associates through Make the Difference awards. Regional finalists are celebrated locally and then flown with their partners to the US to present their successes to senior leaders and members of the Mars family.
Mars Australia aims to be a great place to work for all Associates. The distinctive culture based on Five Principles helps people to work together in a collaborative, energetic and fun way to grow the business and benefit communities.
About Mars, Incorporated
In 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars’ first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the objective of creating a “mutuality of benefits for all stakeholders” – this objective serves as the foundation of Mars, Incorporated today. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance. Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, KITEKAT®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food –UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.